Saturday, February 17, 2018

LENT - SOCIAL MEDIA BREAK – TIGER GIVING DAY

So, my social media break came at just the worst time. First my Auburn Gymnastics team beat Rutgers, very handily I might add, with some stuck landings and great performances (at least as far as I could tell on my phone since the Watch ESPN ap gave my lap top the middle finger) by my Tigers in pink for their 6th win of the season. A little shout out to Drew Watson who picked up the All-Around Title. Auburn faces Alabama this Friday for Senior Night and I hope the momentum of the last few weeks carries them through. 


However, the awesomeness … or should I say AUsomeness ... of the Auburn Gymnastics team is not the focus of this post. This “social media break” also happens to fall in the middle of Auburn’s RISE campaign. Which is a 24-hour fundraising event known as “Tiger Giving Day” #TigerGivingDay


Basically, they choose 20+ worthy projects that deserve to be highlighted and supported and put them on the site for AU fans, family, alumni to throw their support behind. Some are very worthy causes, others are, in my opinion less worthy, but they all made the list. What I love most about this event is that you can do a LOT of good on campus with very little spent. Some organizations get more of my dollars while others get enough to help them get a percent closer to their goal.

After I donated to a few of these programs I was hit with the share with your friends and family to help support #TigerGivingDay and of course I can't do that but I can post about Tiger Giving Day which lasts until Feb. 21st at Midnight and features tons of programs you can put your support behind, if you are interested.

Check out the site below …


Questions about this event can be directed here : because@auburn.edu


WAR EAGLE!!!!

Marcy  

No comments:

Post a Comment