Thursday, January 1, 2015

2015 New Year’s Resolutions

HAPPY 2015!!!!!! It’s here … a new year, a new calendar on the wall, a time to reflect and prepare for the next 365 days. So …. Here’s my obligatory New Year’s Resolution post. I don’t normally “do” New Year Resolutions cause all it really becomes is a list of shit I didn’t accomplish. This is because I always put things on it that just frankly don’t pan out. Losing weight, traveling more, relax more … that kind of crap just doesn’t pan out for me. It’s not that I don’t want to do those things they just don’t end up happening, so this year I’m going with things I can actually accomplish. . . .

1.     I want to read more…new books, old books, digital books…. Just books in general. This will definitely be helped as the sequel to Game.Set.Match by JenniferIacopelli called Losing at Love which should come out very soon. The series focuses on an elite group of tennis players at the Outer Banks Tennis Academy and their lives on and off the court and especially how those two worlds collide more than they would like. I can’t wait to find out what happens to these characters next! If you are looking for something to read I can't recommend Game.Set.Match enough, especially if you are a Tennis fan but honestly a non-tennis fan will love it as well!
2.     I want to see more movies in the theater. I’m horrible about seeing something and wanting to see it but then never thinking about it again. I don’t like to go to movies alone and with Golden so far away I’m going to have to find others to sit next to me while I eat delicious popcorn. I’m starting this weekend by going to see Into the Woods with a friend of mine at the Crescent Theater here. An old school theater with a single screen which is a great atmosphere. So check! :D
3.     I want to procrastinate less. Mostly so I’m not spending my entire weekends catching up on things that I should have accomplished days before.
4.     I want to write more. Not just write but actually finish a story and be proud of it.
5.     I do want to lose weight cause I think it will help my knee from deciding at random intervals to stop being a knee. There are times that I am walking along then all of the sudden it buckles and I’m not so much walking as wishing for death. I know that my weight doesn’t help this however I also really like food.
6.     I’d like to travel more, even if it’s just to Birmingham to see Golden. On the bucket list include… New York, Atlanta (maybe for DragonCon), New Orleans, Los Angeles is a long shot I know.
7.     I want the people in my life to have better health in 2015, from my friend still battling breast cancer, or my other friend who has beaten Leukemia (knock on wood), to my “Medical Marvel” I hope my friends have better luck health wise in 2015.
8.     I want to spend more time with my nephews, quality time not just sitting and watching them play sports. I miss them and frankly it’s time life take a back seat while these boys still want me around.
9.     I want to take advantage of my vacation time more, even if it’s just a day or here and there for sanity purposes. This is actually necessary cause i'm soon going to be in that danger zone of use it or lose it and frankly losing vacation time is NOT something I believe in.
10.  TBD meaning I might add to this list as the year goes on ….

 So what are your plans for 2015 or are you more like Golden …


Happy New Year thanks for spending part of it with us!

Marcy

No comments:

Post a Comment