Sunday, February 12, 2017

Adult Things Suck

"Adult Things Suck!" This was a text I sent to Golden after telling her about my stupid week, it was also in response to a panic attack I had thinking of all I have to do next week, and the week after that. The Adult Marcy wants to sit down with my work laptop and spend the weekend attempting to get ahead. The Kid Marcy wants to set Adult Marcy on fire, Curl up in a ball, and watch 1980 cartoons while sucking my thumb with one hand and twirling my hair with the other as someone brings me cheese balls from a blue planters can with the yellow lid. Yeah it's important that it be that specific. 

Don't tell me Utz has decent cheese balls cause I'd hate to call you an asshat to your face.
It's planters or nothing people!!!!
Adult Me has to deal with insane coworkers who often fail to make life any easier for me. Adult Me is suppose to watch what she eats, exercise, and be polite to people when I want to grab them by each ear and pull like I'm pulling a Christmas Cracker so I can finally get a new paper hat.

Totally pulling off the Cracker Paper hat my furry Friend!
Adult me has to deal with all the crazy of a full time job them come home and help two aging parents navigate the crazy that is life, including fixing dinner, doing treatments, and making sure they are taking their medicine, while often forgetting my own.

Adult me is crushing the rest of me. This stupid need to be productive, to do the right thing, to take on more than I can, to do it all is going to kill me one day. I'll either have a heart attack or I'll drive my car off a bridge either way I'm sure to get wet. You'd think down time would be my salvation but typically I'm so keyed up I never get to really enjoy it. I can't remember the last time I was truly 100% relaxed. That can't be good for you right ?!


Adult Me puts off doctor appointments as well as other things that would make my life better in the long run because there is no time or it can be taken care of later. Things that aren't necessary so I don’t deal with it. By necessary I mean I'm not bleeding, I don’t see exposed bone or will I immediately die from whatever problem I am having it is just annoying.

Then again there are things Adult Me can do that Kid me never thought of…. I bought the Trolls movie this week just because I could (tho I have yet to take the time to watch it – damn adult me!) ….. I have a cell phone that keeps me connected in times of crazy ….. I can buy all the chips I want, sure they aren't planter cheese balls in the canister – seriously Planters what’s that about -- but I can EAT THE WHOLE BAG …… I could order myself a pizza at 3 am and get any kind I want….. I can also send money to a friend having a tough time ….. I can drive a car, sure it is  only to work and home again but I'm not focusing on that right now…. Oh and I can buy me a blizzard any day of the week.

So yeah … being an adult is ok….. Sometimes, I guess, kinda.
Marcy

No comments:

Post a Comment