Monday, May 28, 2018

Worst Friend EVER!




So today is usually the day I set aside to wake up kinda early…8:30ish, fart around with Golden in her house until we finally drag out of the house for Huddle House with her parents (both if I’m lucky) then start my 5 hour drive south ending the Monthlong celebration of Golden prior to her actual birthday cause of jobs and stuff. Typically that weekend was spent eating far too much, yakking way to much about the serious and the mundane, playing with her furbaby Mighty, maybe a movie or two or three, a zoo trip with the entire family, at least one trip to at Walmart, and laugher. So much laughter.


However ….. this year that didn’t happen. I can’t begin to tell you how sad that makes me. It should have happened. I am a little angry that I let life get in the way of this weekend, but alas ….. that’s what makes me a grown up. I HATE BEING A GROWN UP WITH RESPONSIBILITIES!!!!!!! I really felt awful after Golden informed me that her yearly Zoo trip had been cancelled. The weather up there was supposed to be really bad and typically when that happened her dad and brother are called into work. Golden has been having a lot of health issues of late so she really wasn’t “up for it” so they all just bailed on it. This makes me a sad Marcy and while the world does not revolve around me (tho it totes should) I feel like if I were up there everyone would have made the effort for the zoo trip. I mean guys Golden doesn’t ask for much just a yearly trip to the zoo to see some animals and hang with her nieces. It should be simple right?! I mean I bet Golden didn't even go to the trouble of making a cheese ball for goodness sakes. sad ... just oh so sad. 


This is Golden’s birthweek and while I haven't celebrated her this month like I normally do I hope to spend this week telling her how awesome she is, how brave she is, how she’s my hero, and how I’ll make it up to her one day. Not today mind you, today I have to go back to work but soon. It really us unfair that her "month long celebration" has deteriorated to a "week long" celebration. Then again some people don't even get a week long celebration, they get just their day. Of course those people aren't as awesome as Golden so they don't deserve it. She does and I completely dropped the ball. I suck as a friend, as a human, as a person. 

Love ya lady …. I hope you had a good relaxing weekend and that your Birthweek is awesome!!!

Lets start planning our DRAGON CON trip cause I really need something to look forward too.



Marcy
(@beaslma)

No comments:

Post a Comment