Sunday, April 21, 2019

He has risen!

Happy Easter !!!!!!


To my fellow readers I hope you have a wonderful day filled with happy memories being made with family and friends. I remember when I was little Easter being a huge deal. We'd get up on Good Friday and if Dad didn't have to work we'd head to one of the grandmother's houses and have an Easter Egg hunt with the cousins and play and play and play. Sometimes yard work was involved but I mostly remember the "playing." I missed our church's Easter Egg hunt this year cause it took place while I was in Birmingham with a friend to see Kiss. More on that in my next post.


Sometimes there was a new dress and if I were lucky a hat, which meant mom didn't have to spend hours on my hair. She was a big fan of bows, braids, etc., and I was a big fan of well ripping them out of my head the second she was through so it was a headache neither needed. 


I remember a lot of laughter, sometimes crying, and lots of sweets and candy. My family knows how to cook, something that must have skipped my generation. I'm too impatient for cooking. I'm far patient enough for the eating however. 

This morning we woke up just before the crack of dawn to attend Sunrise Service. Due to some late parishioners the service started well after sunrise but was nice and peaceful just the same. It was also cold, tho not nearly as cold as last years service which consisted of wind coming off the lake cutting right through you. 

The Easter Bunny was good to me this year. He brought me chocolate and Wild Cherry Pepsi, I'm ashamed to admit i'm on my 3rd as I type this. It's coyingly sweet and frankly the 2nd one almost made me sick but I'm not a quitter. I fear I've forever altered my taste buds but I can't go the rest of my life drinking sweet tea or juice only. I just can't. It was a long 40 days yall. 

After the Sunrise service I reached out to Sam Cerio, relogged into all my random accounts and have reconnected with a few people that I truly missed during my 40-days of Lent. I like my social media break don't get me wrong but after the last few years it is the connections that I miss the most. It's nearly time for lunch and then hopefully a nap. 

Have a fantastic day everyone and may you all have a blessed week ahead, don't get a tummy ache from all the goodies in your basket. 



Marcy





No comments:

Post a Comment