Thursday, December 2, 2021

2021 Christmas Calendar

Goodness gracious it feels like I just sent out the Halloween calendar … I mean doesn’t it? Like how did we get here so quickly …. I guess the calendar has a tendency to do that. Either way it’s time for some sappy Crimmus (as my Partner in Crime spells it (Golden) movies that are going to make you smile, cringe, laugh, and in some cases cry. Either way there will be moisture involved so .. have fun with that.

So … here you go …. I present to you the 2021 Christmas TV Schedule in all its glory! Once again, the calendar is set up in 11X17 format in an effort to save your eye balls. If you have to print it 8.5x11 it is readable but if you can print it 11X17 your eyes will thank you, tho your IT guy might question why you are suddenly out of ink at the office. I have also found that saving the PDF to your favorite portable device is the best way to keep the calendar handy and as an added bonus you can zoom in and out to read that ever so small type. 

A few highlights to discuss ….

  • AMC is having their “Best Christmas Ever” which will feature “popular Christmas and Family films along with other acquired specials” whatever the heck that means. However, they are showing the Olsen Twins before they got greasy hair in To Grandmother’s House We go and giving all the love to National Lampoons Christmas Vacay so I’m going to let them pass on that. This is where those of you without kiddos might want to land each night to avoid the cartoon crimmus .. but I mean if you aren’t watching Claymation at Crimmus are you even gonna get a visit from Santa … I think not.
  • ABC is bringing the holiday fun with regular programing having Christmas/Holiday themed episodes as well as specials (which is what this calendar is about) including “The Magic Maker,” “A Very Boy Band Holiday,” “Disney Parks Magical Christmas Day Parade”; “CMA Country Christmas” and of course kicking off 2022 with the “Dick Clark’s New Year’s Rockin’ Eve with Ryan Seacrest 2022.
  • Freeform is doing another 25 days of Christmas, after their 31 days lead up and after their 31 days of Halloween …. So I guess that’s just what they do now. However Freeform is filled with a lot of fun stuff for the kiddos and the adult kiddos will find some fun too, but not everything on their schedule is what I’d call “crimmus” worthy. See Die Hard Fans I can pick and choose what is Crimmus and what isn’t too.
  • There are now roughly 4,567 versions of How the Grinch Stole Christmas (give or take) … God love you Dr. Seuss … it’s on TBS, Freeform, AMC, NBC, USA, I mean it’s every freaking where! I used to try and flag the cartoon vs Jim Carey vs the new animated one with Cumber-what’s-his-face (which is actually really good almost better than the original but don’t tell Chuck Jones and Boris Karloff I said that please) however it’s all too much. So, it’s on the schedule … tune in … see which one and turn it off …. Or keep watching … entirely up to you. I mean his heart is gonna grow no matter what you do cause that’s what Grinches do … PS Spoiler alert … I guess I mean it’s been out since 1957, so I mean that’s on you.
  • Hallmark, Halmark Movies and Mysteries, and Lifetime have been cranking out the Christmas specials since like April and I get it … really I do. It’s a simple formula that usually pays off, but know that if I needed room on the calendar, these were the first to get kicked out. I did try to add the “new” specials you know the ones that haven’t been seen a billion times in the last week. Hallmark announced something like 41 new movies this season and Lifetime added 50 “Holiday themed” specials” to their line up and well … that’s just dumb. I will admit when you think about how these actors had to pretend to be freezing in say 97 degree California or Canadian weather…so well played actors.
  • Other options include ION channel, UpTV, TCM, and Food Network for your holiday fun. Not everyone gets all of these channels but if you have them, they have some pretty fun looking shows coming up. I get them and as I have said on numerous occasions … this is all about me … I just share the love cause well … it’s the holidays and I want you all to be happy.
  • Lastly, we all know by now the fate of the Peanuts cartoons …. PBS is showing these specials once … one time … they showed the Great Pumpkin commercial free which I admit was nice. I am hoping for the same with the Christmas special. So, plan your schedule around these showings cause well it’s important. What has happened to Charlie Brown, Snoopy, Linus and Woodstock is exactly what this calendar has tried to prevent. Streaming can’t take over … it just can’t but it’s gonna and until it does, I’ll be here … wasting everyone’s time and file space with these calendars.

Speaking of streaming if you partake … here ya go … you are welcome!

28 Christmas Movies on Disney Plus for 2021 | Best Family Films to Watch (rd.com)

The 16 Best New Christmas Movies of 2021 (yahoo.com)

The Most Festive Christmas Movies to Stream on Amazon Prime (yahoo.com)

Best Christmas Movies Streaming on Netflix | PEOPLE.com

25 Best Christmas Movies on Hulu 2021 — Hulu Holiday Films (rd.com)

The Best Christmas Movies to Watch on Netflix, Disney+, HBO Max, Hulu, and More - TV Guide

THE RULES

  • NO E-MAILS about taking Christ out of Christmas, it’s just a really long word and using X-Mas allows for more shows on the already full calendar.
    • Thanks for your understanding.
      • For those that don’t understand I’ll be glad to remove you from the list just let me know.
  • I live in the central time zone, the times on this calendar reflect that, adjust accordingly for those of you that have traveled as far and wide as this calendar has. (PS What’s that like?!)
    • Unless otherwise stated the times are PM
      • Also, the times may vary (my TV provider could be wrong, the website could be wrong, I might have screwed up the conversation from Eastern/Central time zone cause numbers are not my friend and a really awesome song distracted me) the point is … don’t call because you missed Clark finally get those lights to work, that’s on you…I mean that movie comes on like 75 billion times … and I always catch the same 12 scenes every.single.time.
    • Use your fancy devices and find out when it comes on again and watch accordingly. I know you can do it. I have faith in you! Or ask your kid to handle it for you, I have more faith in them to be honest.
  • This calendar contains shows I want to see, so it includes a mixture of adult themed shows/movies and kid themed shows/movies, cause let’s face it I’m basically a little person in a big person body.
    • PLEASE be mindful of what is on before you sit the kids down with popcorn to watch
      • It’s not that I don’t love your kids but I didn’t birth them, they aren’t my mess and I don’t want to hear about it.
        • You should have thought about that before you decided to have kids. Just saying.
        • Seriously don’t be the one that every year calls cause of this ….that’s how you get removed from next year’s list.
          • It happens … every…damn…year!
  • Feel free to make your own calendar, which if you don’t share with the world around you .. then you are just the worst.
    • Seriously tho.. Love ya … but yeah the worst!

So sit back, laugh, smile, and cry (some of these are sad, I mean who doesn’t cry when George Bailey is standing next to the tree with Mary holding little Zuzu and his friends are coming in to save the Bailey Savings and Loan, oh no did I give the end away ?!) and have a GREAT Christmas season!

Marcy

PS while I’m here cause I’m not doing a New Year's calendar (Halloween and Christmas are enough) …. Hallmark has developed some New Year's movies for 2022 (cause why not) here’s what they are planning to offer, some frankly sound like they might be decent.

Hallmark Channel Kicks Off 2022 with "New Year New Movies" Event | Southern Living

 

No comments:

Post a Comment