Thursday, October 2, 2014

Fall is my happy place!!!

There is one time of year for which, I can't wait. It’s a time of year which puts me in the greatest of moods no matter what is thrown my way. It’s like I see the world through a "Happiness" filter and it is awesome! If you ask people what their favorite holiday most say Christmas, Thanksgiving, Halloween or even their birthday, which can totally be a holiday if you do it right. You may even get the occasional freak that says Presidents Day, although I don't know why the fuck they would, but it takes all people I guess.

If one were to ask me, and I can’t help but notice no one has yet …. Despite my lead up opening the door for people to ask, my answer is always October 1-January 2. That’s right I'm such a fucking cheater!


 
My favorite holiday begins with Fall. It's mystical! The night comes earlier. The colors of Mother Nature go all gold, orange, red and brown. The wind carries the sound of fallen leaves. The world smells all smokey and crisp. It's wonderful.

So to recap … I love Fall! I can finally pull out my sweaters, which I'm pretty sure I have 42 different styles. BTW for those of you keeping score at home, 42 is the answer to the most important question in the universe AND the amount of sweaters one person can own before beginning fashion rehab. Plus if you are a horror junkie like me you can get your fill. All the scary movies are coming out in theatres, television is rocking cheesy edited for TV horror movies and Halloween programming, and there are haunted houses on each corner. Seriously did you see Marcy’s rocking Halloween calendar that was posted on Oct. 1st? She says she does that for her and her nephews but it’s really for me! IT’s ABOUT ME PEOPLE!!!!


Even the food changes in fall. I am currently craving candied apples! The problem is they aren't that easy to come across. Right now I could get one at the fair. They just pulled into town, another fall tradition. But I don't do the “county fair.” They are run by carnies. Carnies can kidnap you, kill you, hide you in one of their refrigerated trucks and drop your dead ass on any back road in the U.S. So that's out. Sigh …. don’t worry tho reader I will find me a candied apple. Oh yes, it will be mine, and it will be delicious, and messy I will also make a giant mess with it but it will be worth the wait.

 

So for the next little bit I'm sure I will have more than a few of my upcoming posts be fall related, and I'm sorry. No I’m not … I can’t help it. To me it's when Nature shows off and I just can't help but bask in her glory so get outside and enjoy the show!

-Golden @theonlygolden

No comments:

Post a Comment