Monday, October 26, 2015

Have you enjoyed October ?

I know .... I know .... we suck. It's been a while since we posted but it's October, my favorite time of the year, and my waking minutes not spent working have been spent watching some horror movie awesomeness.

Some of my favorites have included the Halloween series, but not the 3rd one or the 1st one that Rob Zombie did, tho I admit the 2nd Rob Zombie Halloween IS one of my favorites. He totally tanked the first one, he even admits that so I’m not scared he’s going to come after me about that, but he redeemed himself, in my opinion, with the 2nd one. If you haven’t seen it you totally should.

It’s been fun watching old classics again like The Shining, the Curse of Frankenstein, Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde, The Little Shop of Horrors, Poltergeist, and the original Texas Chainsaw Massacre, which isn’t really a classic but a darn good movie.

It’s been fun watching old favorites too like the Addams Family, Casper, Hocus Pocus, anything by Tim Burton, Toy Story of Terror, and of course It’s the Great Pumpkin Charlie Brown. It’s not Halloween without watching it at least once, but if you can swing watching it more than once you will be happier because of it.

I do however admit I've slept through more of these movies than I'd like to admit. I remember as a child being terrified by some of these movies, staying up late at night cause I couldn't sleep with the image of Michael Myers burned into my head. Yet as of late I lay down to watch one of these shows/movies and I’m really into it and then boom I’m waking up and the movie is over... it’s annoying really. The question is am I falling asleep cause they are boring now or am I falling asleep after a long day and it’s totally justified. Either way I don't like it!

For the record it’s not just movies, I’ve fallen asleep or struggled to stay awake for hour long dramas, or crappy “terror” related shows like Scream Queens on Fox, or American Horror Story Hotel on FX. I just can’t with either of those shows. I gave up on Scream Queens about 3 episodes in. It wasn’t entertaining, it wasn’t cleaver, it wasn’t something I wanted to be a part of, and when it first started I totally wanted to be a part of it. I wanted it to be good. I’m about an episode away from giving up on AHS too because it’s just … well gross. It’s not scary, it’s not even something that makes me jump, I spend most of the episode thinking well that’s not how something like that would happen or thinking about how many diseases must be spread in that hotel on a daily basis.

It's not even sexy, which is sadly what I think they are going for, it’s just … gross. I will however say that Lady Gaga has impressed the heck out of me. I am not a fan of her music, but it’s cause I don’t like repetitive music and her songs seem to be 6-8 lyrics repeated over and over and again to a technoish beat. I just can’t with that kind of music, it makes my brain feel it will seep out of my ear, and frankly I like my brain where it is at the moment, so I'll pass. I admit it .... My name is Marcy and I'll never be a club kid. However I admit that LG has embodied the character she has been given and you have to give her credit for that.

I hope you have all enjoyed your October found some new moves/shows to enjoy and took some time to enjoy the good weather with your family if not there’s still time. Go carve a pumpkin, go on a walk, watch some good TV and relax, that’s what this time of the year is all about.

PS we are going to get back to posting more frequent, we may even attempt the 27 days of thankfulness again, tho I make no promises. I do wish we could get some chatter going on this blog, otherwise it becomes more of a diary that isn’t really about me and that seems to be stilly. So join us …. Let us know you are out there.

-Marcy

No comments:

Post a Comment