Friday, June 2, 2017

Visiting Golden .. Missing Golden …. VBS

This time last week I had made the 4 hour drive (that I can make in 3 …. Beating my GPS estimated time is my favorite thing to do …. Just saying) to Golden’s house for the final part of the #MonthLongCelebrationofGolden a hang in person with one of my favorite people on this planet. One of the best parts of the trip was finally getting to meet my new fur-niece Mighty, whom I’m not convinced knows her name but is still pretty freaking adorable.


I mean really … look at her … how would you yell at her? Golden and I haven’t figured it out yet cause you tell her something and she looks at you like a little stuffed animal and suddenly you forget why you are angry …. That’s her super power.

Last Friday we met up with Marible and got some dinner, some adult beverages, and saw Guardian’s of the Galaxy Volume 2. I admit I enjoyed the 2nd one better than the first but I don’t know that either are movies I want to watch over and over again. My favorite part is the beginning of the movie where Baby Groot (possibly a close 2nd to the cutest thing on the planet – of course Mighty is #1 in that category) dances around without any care in the world while everyone tries to keep him from dying.

That’s actually in the first 10 minutes so there you go read into that what you want. Then we came back to Golden’s where Marible left her phone in my car which led to the stupidest moment of my life. I found Marible’s phone and immediately said “You need to call her and tell her we have her phone!” Golden looked at me and said… “Really?!” I was like, “yeah I don’t have her number!” she looks at me and says “think about this for a second….” I will not disclose how long it took me to understand why none of this made sense. It was funny that Golden then tweeted Marible to tell her we had the phone and we also called her dad. She eventually came back and we gave her the phone and the problem was solved but I felt like a major idiot. It was not my best moment.

Then on Saturday at the crack of dawn we got up for the Annual trip to the Birmingham Zoo. A Birthday tradition for Golden, one that I’m happy to be a part of even if it was crazy hot. We got to ride the train, see all the animals, spend time with the family, and have a nice relaxing day getting some exercise. It was a fun day, a LONG day but a fun one. I think we were both asleep by 9. We are not nearly as young as we used to be. Sunday we did a whole lot of nothing and it was everything I’ve ever dreamed that it  could be. We watched Dr. Strange, a movie I hadn’t seen before but wanted to. Then watched several episodes of Wynonna Earp which I liked by was really taken aback by  how careless she was with her “peacemaker” when it’s the one thing between her and well her being dead. I can see myself watching the upcoming season, I’ll need to watch the rest of last season but I think it’s one of those shows that I’d be ok if I didn’t get to watch the episodes I’ve missed.

On Monday we had breakfast with Golden’s parents before I headed south. Leaving is always hard not cause she and I don’t talk throughout the week but because I don’t get up there nearly as much as I should not to mention that drive home. While I can do it in 3 it’s still a lllooonnnngggg drive which eats up a good part of the day. Again, I ask ... where the hell is my portal to other places science … I mean seriously get on that … what are you even working on!!!!!

So that was my Memorial Day weekend …. It was a good weekend but this “short week” felt really long. Next on my agenda is getting ready for the Church’s Vacation Bible School in which yours truly will be leading the “science” section of the night. I’ll keep you posted as I start to prep for the 4 day event … I’ll admit I’m really nervious about it. I’ve participated in VBS before but never “led” a section of it. When we joined our new church I decided I was going to get more involved and so far that’s what I have done. I’m scared to death I’m going to make a fool out of myself. The theme however is “Super Heroes” so at least it’s an area I’m familiar with.

Have a great weekend everyone!
Marcy

No comments:

Post a Comment