Saturday, October 7, 2017

NASHVILLE FUN Night #1

So as a lot of you will remember I have fallen down the Ed Sheeran rabbit hole and when I say I fell down it ... I fell HARD ..... I am currently sitting in a hotel room in Nashville eagerly awaiting seeing him in concert tonight at the Bridgestone Arena. To say I'm excited ... well that's an understatement.

This trip has not been without drama. See my friend that is with me, she had a death in the family this week, Tuesday night to be precise. While I didn't want to be that asshat who said "but what about my concert" that was exactly the first thought that went into my head. We've been planning this for months and while I love her and am thrilled she ended up getting to come, I was coming if I had to sit there all by myself. I had a backup plan, always got to have a back up plan, but am glad I didn't have to put it into motion. See first I called Golden who had originally said she couldn't go this weekend but I thought it was just cause she didn't want to pay for the tickets. She actually had plans and couldn't go this weekend, thanks Mighty! Then I called another friend of mine, the one who I credit with making me fall down this hole to begin with, Katie, she was on standby. However Christina was able to make it work, so I told Katie to stay home and play with Nate. That's right people a Hurricane is coming but I could care freaking less, know why.... CAUSE I'M GOING TO SEE ED SHEERAN!!!!

Then Christina's friend who is having a rough time decided to tag along even though she isn't going to the concert just for a weekend of chilling with awesome people, the more the merrier! Let's roll .... the drive up was L-O-N-G. That KIA was pushing it hard and we got here around 8:30ish. We'd have gotten here sooner but there was a traffic cluster duck around Montgomery and another one in Birmingham and then some construction zone traffic that made the trip feel that we'd never get here.


We had tickets to the Opry last night and upon realizing that we were not going to make the 7:30 show we called, well Trista called, I was driving and Christina was trying to not throw up in the back (she gets real bad motion sickness when she's not driving) and got our tickets rearranged for the later Opry show. Thank goodness she did cause it was AWESOME!!!!!

I had so much fun, then again I've never been to the Opry where I didn't have a good time. If you ever come to Nashville it's a must activity. This was my 4th or 5th time coming at various points in my life and each show is better than the last. The other thing that's happened at each show... Vince Gill.
I mean I swear he must live in that circle. 

Tonight's lineup included .... Ricky Skaggs, Diamond Rio, Pam Tillis, Tracy Lawrence, Connie Smith, the Oak Ridge Boys, Vince Gill and Hunter Hayes. I wanted to see Diamond Rio back in the 90's so I was stoked they were going to be there as they start their Birthday celebration for their 92nd year! Happy Birthday Grand Ole Opry ... God Bless whomever decided to start this wonderful thing that has given us years of awesome music!

Tonight Pam Tillis broke out some American Girl by Tom Petty, which I loved, Diamond Rio made Christina cry with One More Day, and the Opry turns 92 this month!!!

I am so excited Trista made the show change, cause we had just decided we were going to have to live with missing it. I honestly was glad to go but the draw for me is Ed Sheeran tonight, but I knew Christina really wanted to see Tracy Lawrence and he did not disappoint at all. She's had a rough week and I'm glad she had a good time.

The crowd waiting to get inside the venue.

92nd Birthday cake

Shots of the various performers:



Christina and Trista at the doors

Everyone is up now so off for some sight seeing before tonight..... see ya tomorrow dear reader !

Marcy

No comments:

Post a Comment