Friday, September 1, 2017

DRAGON CON DAY 1


Ok so I know we were down there yesterday but that’s not the official start date, I mean yeah it’s flowing into Thursday and eventually gonna flow into Wednesday but for now, based on the Dragon Con website, it’s Friday through Monday so that’s what we are going to go with. Keeping in mind my badge says 31st – Sep. 4th so what do I know. The point is today is the first full day for me, and frankly on this blog that’s all that matters.

Some of my favorite CosPlay from Thursday night and today  include:

     







We got back to the hotel last night sometime around 1ish …. Maybe 1:30ish …. Fell asleep around 2:30ish maybe I don’t know time does not seem to matter anymore and frankly neither does the day of the week if that text to my nephew wishing his high school football team a good game on a Thursday…when they don’t play until Friday. I guess I was thinking I was off therefore it was Friday. Whatever it’s the Con...... dates, times, and outside things don’t matter.

Last night we were there for the countdown, saw all the pretty and saw all the naked once Dragon Con Afterdark, which is what I call the timeframe between say 9:30 – until. I don’t think it’s an official name but it totes should be. There have been a lot of kids already here and I was a little surprised how many where there when we rolled out around 1ish, I mean don’t these kids have school today? Also don’t they as Golden says, “Deserve a chance at life” without seeing things they are frankly not ready for.

We were up and running at 7:00, well I was so I could shower, Golden turned up around 7:30 while I played on my PC and watched the news. That gave us about 4 hours of sleep. We grabbed some breakfast then headed down to the Nathan Fillion panel. Found the end of the line, down the street and around the building and followed the line until some guy came by and was all “the room is full thank you for your time.” We then walked down to the room anyway just to see, not that we didn’t “trust” random guy telling us to get out of line but yeah. We found a plug, frankly the greatest thing ever … next to a chair of course….and when the panel started I cranked up DragonConTV and we were able to watch the panel anyway. Then they had a malfunction at the mothership and we lost it but yeah. He was as charming and awesome and I thought he would be. The day was not a total loss….we then made our way to the Walk of Fame and got in line to meet Mr. Fillion and he was fantastic. He signed Golden’s Malcolm  Reynolds action figure, and a picture for me. He loved Golden’s glasses and told me I was nice…then we were shoved off to the side for the next person but in that second we were the only two in the room. It was awesome.

   

Then we went to hang with the cast of Wynonna Earp in the Walk of Fame, which was a lot of fun. We met several of the cast and they were all so sweet and excited that people were there they talked with us and really connected. I admit it was fun to see them excited about being here as excited as we were about them being here. I’ll admit I’m a new Earper. Golden brought me to the Earper table but I haven’t quite caught up with the latest season.


After today however, I’m more determined than ever to catch up. I'm glad we waited around for their panel. The cast alone was fun but the writer made me happiest of all. Emily Andras had such great answers to the questions asked by the fans but more so it was clear that she not only cares about these characters but also the cast that shared the stage with her. It was really fun to watch them interact with the fans and it reminded me what Dragon Con is really all about.


Then we caught the buss to head back to the hotel for resting until Marible gets here it’s been a long day guys. This Con goer is tired and my feets are very angry but nothing compared to how my legs and butt feel. Stupid body being stupid and broke down.
Things I learned today ….
1.       Plans change just roll with it
2.       Take the chair, you might think you will come back to the hotel during the day but likely you won’t
3.       Shuttle busses now only stop at specific locations
4.       No matter how much money I brought it was not nearly enough apparently
5.       People are both awesome or annoying and sometimes both

How is everyone else’s con going ? We are posting most of our pictures on our various social media accounts, twitter, facebook, Instagram, snap chat etc., so check em out.


No comments:

Post a Comment