Monday, September 4, 2017

DRAGON CON RECAP

Technically Dragon Con is still underway but as in years past we packed up all the things, got a trolley, got the car out of the lot and headed back home today in anticipation of rejoining the real world tomorrow. Once returning to Golden’s we unpacked the car, said hello to Mighty, changed into comfortable clothes then slept for the next 4 or 5 hours. I personally slept through most of the Blair Witch the sequel, waking up in time for the ending only to find out Golden’s DVR cut off the end of it, and Keanu, which is some movie about a kidnapped cat. Golden slept through them all as well as Lego Batman. I guess eventually we’ll get up and get food but for now I’m letting Golden sleep off the Con and thinking about taking another mini nap before food as well.

Sunday was a blast. We got up late, said good bye to M, and had some lunch at Johnny Rocket’s before heading down to the madness that was the Con. We finally caught that damn elusive Shuttle Bus, the Purple Line that is … the Green Line can kiss my ass, and made our way to the gaming rooms at the America’s Mart.


At that point Golden decided to paint and take a zombie, and she did a damn good job. (see below). While she did that I watched the Alton Brown panel on Dragon Con TV since the line was 2 hours long 3 hours before it started. I mean damn! Also he's bringing back Good Eats and not just as a web series !!! :D The Dragon Con TV streaming was amazing and I'll definitely be getting it again even if I don't come to the Con.




From there we made our way over to the Arcade, I’m not sure if this is the first year that they have had it but it’s the first time we have participated and it was great, will definitely make our way back to it next year. They had all these vintage games and pinball, and new games not released yet and some games that were in another language so we all just guessed and pushed buttons until it did things. It was awesome. 


  


Afterwards we made our way over to the Hilton for the Wynonna Earp meet up. Which was a ton of fun. I mean really no other fandom in the world is as passionate and awesome as the Earpers. While it wasn’t an “official” Dragon Con event the people who set this thing up did a great job. There was drinking, chatting and fun had by all. Emily Andras, writer, and actors Tim Rozon and Michael Eklund joined the meet up for a drink and chat and they made sure to talk with everyone. They love this fandom as much as the fandom loves them. It was cool to see and be a part of. Also Golden ran into several of her Twitter peeps at the event including M H which was a lot of fun too.




   

After that we just walked around and out got our last taste of the awesomeness that is Dragon Con. Saw some cosplay, another really epic dance party and had to catch Uber to get back to the hotel when that damn shuttle bus wouldn’t show up. Really this was one of my favorite Dragon Cons. We actually ended up doing some of the fun stuff available for the Con and didn’t just pay a lot of money to people watch. Don’t get me wrong people watching is fun and all but after a while you think oh look another Captain America and it kind of gets old. Once I recover from this trip we’ll start planning next year’s trip and I look forward to it every year cause if nothing else I get 5 days to hang out with my favorite person on this planet and that after all is the best part of all. Well that and this year it didn’t end with me giving blood and face planting so... WIN!



    


I’ll drive home in the morning getting mentally ready to re-enter the real world on Thursday and while I’m ready to get home I’m sad to leave Golden behind. I miss her like crazy when we are apart and wish science would get off their asses and make me a freaking portal to make hanging out with her more often a possibility. 

Peace –

No comments:

Post a Comment