Saturday, August 31, 2019

Con Coma is Real - Cosplay Confusion

So as I write this it is Saturday afternoon. Thursday night we people watched and made it to the midnight countdown, barely, I mean around 11:45 we were begging for the clock to move faster. Yesterday (Friday) we spent the day in the gaming area, participating in paint and take a fun tradition, and even got to the Art Show this year for the first time. 




Today was spent browsing the vendor hall, and eating and adult beverages at the Hard Rock. Of course there was people watching and photos of some of our favorite costumes throughout each day. Not to mention the walking so... much....walking. 

I just woke up from a nap, some might call it in the Con Coma but I believe that hit yesterday and hit hard. Upon returning to our hotel on Friday afternoon (around 5pm) we got in comfortable clothes and that was all she wrote. By 7 we were snoring up a storm and by 10 we were settling in for the night. At one point I thought about getting dressed and going to the pool but that seemed like a LOT of effort so I continued to lay there. I think I’d still be asleep if my alarm hadn’t gone off this morning.

I rolled into Atlanta with two costume options. A half ass version of Super Grover just cause I thought it would be funny. It was a last minute pull together which is why I say it’s half assed. My boss texted me Wed to say I had left the print out of the Super Grover logo on the printer so well I already messed that one up. I also have a pretty decent Marvin the Martian. That one I put some effort into. It’s really kind of cute. I haven’t worn either. As you know readers I have a love hate relationship with Cosplay. I look around the convention and want to participate but then I see things like this …..



Or this ….


And this ….. 

And think my costume seems sad and pathetic now and so I don’t wear it. I feel like it cheapens everything else that I see. I’m sure it doesn’t cause I’ve seen things that are way worse than anything I’ve tried to put together and there are some who are testing the limits of spandex. So maybe one day I’ll decide to follow through with the Cosplay but there’s also the possibility that I’ll be the one in a dorky T watching all the awesomeness go by.

Even if I don’t use Marvin here at the Con, we are doing a Trunk or Treat at Church so I can wear him there. So he won’t go entirely to waste, at least that’s what I keep telling myself. I really need to make the eye holes bigger so I’ll actually be able to see.

Thanks, 
Marcy
@beaslma

No comments:

Post a Comment