Saturday, August 10, 2019

Dragon Con is coming ……

Dragon Con is coming …… in a few short weeks I’ll be packing up my car, heading to Birmingham to pick up my crew and then heading to Dragon Con to get my 6th badge (in 6 years) and enjoy several fun filled days of people watching, chilling, and just hanging out with the best person I know … GOLDEN !!! I can’t wait. I was super pumped about it cause this was going to be our first year in a host hotel and I was going to get my dress up on. I no longer had the excuse of shuttles or uber vehicles to contend with so I was going to go all out. Then yesterday all that changed. 


Me and my crew are still hitting up Dragon Con for the 6th year in a row but our hotel fell through. They ripped it out form under me a week ago and didn’t even bother to tell me. I saw several complaining about it online so I pulled up the ap and checked my reservation and it said cancelled. Two weeks ago when I checked it for a similar reason it was still intact. I immediately called them to say what the hell. The lady on the phone couldn’t have been nicer. She was in the main “office” of said chain and was the go between for me and the actual hotel, who wouldn’t answer the phone. The nice “office” lady was super helpful and even complained about the actual hotel people who just….weren’t. I told her that’s why I called you I couldn’t get them on the phone. She said they told her people have been calling to complain all week. Gee I wonder why. I have since posted on a Dragon Con message board and I wasn’t the only one that this happened too which should make it better but it doesn’t. I mean this hotel doesn’t care they are going to get their money and then some that weekend so who gives a fuck about me and my squad? I do. I feel like I’ve 100% let them all down.

Last December when I booked the room, I was so excited I was bouncing around my office, texted my crew, tweeted I had won the biggest prize of all, I was just on cloud nine. Everytime I have thought about this, I have gotten excited. It was going to be a whole new experience for me and my crew who have always stayed away from the con and shuttled back and forth. So much wasted time. Waiting on the shuttle that never seems to come, finally calling an uber, getting to the hotel, getting all comfortable and not wanting to get back down into the crazy. I was looking forward to not having to deal with that. To just getting there and ... being.


However, as disappointed I am by this turn of events we did get a hotel, that is connected to a shuttle so that’s a plus. It’s not the hotel we typically stay in, it sold out 2 months ago, so I’m not sure what to expect and as you know dear reader I’m not a fan of the unknown. I’m still planning to take my gear and I might still dress up but I also might talk myself out of it. Atlanta is hot yo! This will be a fun relaxing trip cause that’s what me and my squad need. We need a few days of hanging out, eating good foot – or cold pizza, laughing, people watching and just enjoying life. I really need this I can’t tell you how badly I need this trip. 


So the Con goes on and so will we but this is my post telling my squad I’m sorry I let this get screwed up and next year we will try for one of the other host hotels, cause it will be a cold day in hell before I stay at xxxx. So watch this space as we lead up to the Con it will still be fun, it will still be a good time, it will just be different and who knows that might be good too, maybe this shuttle will actually show up when it's supposed to. A girl can dream right?! 

Marcy
@beaslma

No comments:

Post a Comment