Monday, January 2, 2023

NEW YEAR ….. frankly same blog


I've been thinking a lot about this blog since posting the other day. About its original purpose, to be a creative outlet when the world was sucking the very soul out of my body. A Place I could come to play, vent, challenge myself and well share some insights on the world. However, i'm not really using it for any of those things. I'm not really being creative, yes I'm writing things but am I being creative. No. I'm not challenging myself, nor encouraging others to do anything in particular to make their lives better or different. Frankly the world is scary enough without my useless 2 cents being involved. It is scary out there yo!

So has the focus on this blog shifted, does it need to. I don’t post to just post. It’s usually I have something I want to say or something relevant to what’s going on in the world at the moment. I’m never going to be a blog a day kind of person. There are just too many things pulling on me that allow me to have a goal like that. I might could keep it up for a week, I did a month once, but for long-term posting I know that’s not a realistic goal. If I can’t meet said goal I’m not going to set it. See I’ve watched Social Media “influencers” and I use that term very very loosely set those kind of goals for themselves and spend most of their time apologizing for not meeting said goals. An Influencer I am not … tho if you want a chuckle the latest episode of the Simpsons in which they basically mock the influencer is hilarious and one you should flock to Disney+ to watch ASAP.

We also barely advertise the thing, we post on Twitter, and that’s pretty much it. That’s right the platform that was on death’s door is still kicking, likely Elon wishes it were doing better but if he’d leave it alone it might be. I’ll post and tag Golden she will RT it and that’s where it dies. So, the fact that we get any views at all is pretty impressive to me. Imagine what would happen if we actually promoted the darn thing. However, then I’d feel like I have to deliver. I kind of like the obscurity of this blog. No one really expects anything so if I deliver at all I’ve already surpassed those expectations.

However, I would like to get my creative side flowing again. I really enjoyed writing the Haley and Michaels series (Part I, Part II, Part III, and Part IV can be found here) and let’s face it the Royal Family could use some attention. Who knows maybe I’ll find a new muse and get to going or come up with an original idea something that Hollywood can’t seem to do but maybe…just maybe I can. I’d also like to get Golden back on this thing cause she’s way better at it than I am, I mean did you see the words she strung together for Betty White last year ?  I still pull up Golden's blog about her eye surgery when i need a good chuckle to get me through a crap day. PS she did eventually have the surgery and while it didn't go perfectly it went well and she does not in fact look like PAtchy the Fucking Pirate. I don’t really make New Year’s Resolutions anymore but those are things I’d like to accomplish for 2023.

The point is … if you have stuck around this long, stick around a little longer 2023 should be fun and It will be more fun if you all take the Journey with us.

 

Marcy (@beaslma)

Golden (@Theonlygolden)

No comments:

Post a Comment