Saturday, January 17, 2015

Dreams, Music, and the Royal family … a fun combination …

Normal people dream about their crushes, or put themselves into their favorite movies, books etc., or even people in their lives me… I dream about songs, music, musicians. One time I dreamed that I was at Justin Timberlake’s BBQ and ended up tearing up his potato salad machine, maybe I’ll share that with you one day it was a good one. Last night I had a dream about a new song “We’ll Always Have Mexico” that’s infected my brain by a country band called Haley and Michaels. An adorable couple from California with a unique sound. Get their EP here or via Itunes it’s one of my favorites of 2014.

Anyway here’s my dream … with a royal twist!

 -----

Harry dragged Kate into the room and said “Come on we can do this we just have to prove it to her!” “She’s never going to let us” she says as she follows him into the room. He sits her down in a chair then takes the chair next to her and they look ahead. The Queen is sitting there, as the Queen does all prim and proper. “Go ahead.”

Harry looks at Kate, she looks back and he starts singing ….
Hey nice to see you, how are you doin'
Wow, how long has it been


Kate takes a breath and joins him …
Last time I saw you you were leavin' for Boston
Thought I would never see you again


Harry continues…
But here I am seein' your face
And it's all comin' back
Like it was just yesterday


The two of them harmonize starting to get lost in the song …
And that song played
La da da da, la da da da
Remember that night on the beach
You laid next to me
La da da da, la da da da
Countin' stars and feelin' so free
You said to me
If this is as far as we go
We'll always have Mexico

At this point both Kate and Harry have forgotten that other people are in the room, they are completely focused on each other and the song. Then Kate remembers the next verse, the one she’s been worried about since Harry suggested this crazy idea, and gets a little nervous but plows ahead.
Do you remember drinkin' so much tequila
You fell off your seat at the bar


The Queen gave a disapproving grunt causing Kate to cringe afraid they’ve upset her, and Harry touches her arm continuing the song. . . .
Later that evenin' we danced in the moonlight
And you fell asleep in my arms


Harry keeps Kate’s gaze as they fall back into the song starring at one another…

We had one hell of a week
I still think about you
Do you think about me

Singin' la da da da, la da da da
Remember that water so blue
Me kissin' you
La da da da, la da da
Oh, the lovin'
Havin' nothin' to do
I said to you
If this is as far as we go
We'll always have Mexico

Now it was Harry’s turn to blush as he thinks about all the press associated with what his sister-in-law wears.

La da da da, la da da da
You look so good in that dress


After listening from the hallway, William walks into the doorway with a grin on his face. He’s staying back so as to not mess up their performance, but he loves the playfulness in his wife’s voice and enjoys seeing her smiling as she starts to sing the last of the song. Her favorite part.
La da da da, la da da da
I know you got a plane to catch So I guess this is as far as we go
But we'll always have Mexico


William starts clapping from the doorway of the room and Prince Phillip sitting next to the Queen joins him. It jolts Harry and Kate back to reality. Kate blushes, and Harry turns to his grandmother, “Can we do it at the benefit? Please?”

The Queen looks to them, “When did this happen?”

Harry laughs, “It's didn't, it’s a band in the States. Kate heard the song on the radio last time she and Will were there and she sent it to me. We love it and think it’s a fantastic song! It will play well at the benefit.”

Kate isn’t breathing cause she’s afraid the Queen is upset with them, it’s so hard to tell from just looking at her, even after all these years. She thinks to herself, did I just cuss in front of her …oh bloody hell....I did. She looks over her shoulder to William who is beaming at her. He nods at her and mouths, ‘breathe its ok’.

The Queen looks at Kate, “Are you comfortable with what the song … implies?”

Kate looks to Harry and back, “People make assumptions about me all the time, this will just be another one that’s not true. It would definitely give the benefit some "attention." If you are worried about it we can get the American band and have them sing it. It’s a beautiful song and Harry's right it would play well at the show.” She takes it as a compliment that the Queen thinks it could be a real story. She never dreamed when she sent the song to Harry he'd suggest the two of them sing it as a duet tho she has enjoyed practicing it with him.

The Queen replied, “Who is the band?”

Kate takes out her phone, “They are called Haley and Michaels, a cute couple who recently released an EP of the same name. This song is on that album. William and I heard them playing in the car and I hummed it for several days. William bought it for me and thought it would be fun for the benefit so we sent it to Harry. The duet was Harry’s idea.” She hands her phone to the Queen, realizing she kind of threw her brother-in-law under the bus.

The Queen is looking at the cover of the EP on Kate’s phone when Prince Phillip leans over, “She’s beautiful, I’d like to meet her.” Both Harry and Kate exchange glances and waited.

The Queen says, "ok they will sing it, get them to the benefit.” She starts walking away then turns back, “Harry … stay out of Mexico.” Then leaves the room. Prince Phillip leans into Kate, “Buy me a copy of that album please.” Then he pats her on the shoulder and walks out after his wife humming La da da da, la da da da.

Harry looks crestfallen and Kate turns to him, “What’s wrong? You were right she liked the song!”

“I wanted to sing it!”

Kate walks over to William and turns back, “maybe if you ask nicely they’ll let you sing backup!” then her and William leave the room laughing.

 -----------

Then I woke up ... well truthfully my alarm went off….. I would have loved to see the rest of this dream. It made me happy to think that this band would get this much attention from Kate and it made me smile to have the two of them bonding over this song, cause in my head that’s the kind of relationship they have.

It’s a really great song and I highly recommend this EP, this song, the record and more important this band. They are an adorable couple who are also insanely talented. Here’s a few others from this group….

 
This is their version of 500 Miles which you may have heard on the radio ... I heard it on the way home from work one day, fell in love with it and rushed home to look them up.
 
 
 
This is another song on the EP Just Another Love Song, which is the song that took me from "fan" to "super fan"
 
Dream big, listen to music, and have a great weekend guys!

Marcy

No comments:

Post a Comment