Thursday, November 23, 2023

HAPPY THANKSGIVING !!!

It’s Turkey day !!!! I hope by now the Turkey has been consumed, the dressing is safely in your belly, the pie and cakes have been sliced and the drunksgiving antics are fully underway wherever you are as you read this. We had over 10 at our table this year and all the food was delicious. We had turkey (cooked by my nephew on his new big green egg), dressing (made by me using this recipe), green bean casserole, candied sweet potatoes, creamed corn (all made by mom), lima beans, deviled eggs (made by my niece), and broccoli salad (made by my SIL). It was Andrew's first time manning the turkey and he did a great job with it. 

                                                     

I am very thankful for my family, even if I did fall asleep on the couch after lunch and missed the hanging out and catching up time with them today. I don’t snore! Ok I might. Look I live alone a little snoring has never bothered me. I am lucky to be surrounded by my parents who are still together (53 years strong), my older by 4 years brother and his wife live nearby, their boys still want to come over and spend time with the family. My oldest nephew who just turned 24 got married this past year and his wife (my new niece), also 24 is a fantastic addition to our family. They are still learning to navigate the pitfalls of married life but they are a great duo and are finding their way. They are so far navigating the my family or your family aspect of life and holidays. My other nephew is a sophomore in college and has the most adorable girlfriend who joined us today for the holiday. She and he will be having Thanksgiving dinner with her family tonight. 

As I waited on my family to arrive today I thought about the athletes, coaches, support staff and their own families sacrificing time to play the sport they love from the collegiate level to the pro level to play the sport they love. It must be a pretty lonely thing when you are the one who can't fill that chair at your families table. I bet their families miss them very much. 

I remember holidays spent in cars driving from one hose to another and spending a few hours at each and eating and playing and wishing it were time to go back home. I slept in this morning, helped prepare our house for the onslaught of people, ate dinner and never left the house once. It’s a nice way to spend the holiday.

I haven’t been very active this year on this blog but I’ve been having some computer issues. I have just gotten it back from the shop so hopefully I can be more active as we start up another year ahead. Golden is getting ready to have another set of eye surgeries …… she’s going to be fine … but she’s going to have some downtime over the next few weeks. Maybe I can talk her into another blog, you know once her eyesight returns. She has decorated her the holiday in anticipation of not wanting to do it after her surgery. She spent the morning watching the Parade and her family will be getting together tomorrow for their celebration. 

I have once again been neglecting my PTO and will either lose some or take some over the next month …… which is nuts cause I have taken more time off this year more than others but I guess I’m still ahead from 2020 the year that no one did anything and taking time off seemed silly if I were just going to be at the house anyway. I passed a pretty big milestone recently of 20 years at my job it's been quite a ride. 

My Christmas TV calendar should be out any day now so be on the look out for that.

 Have a wonderful thanksgiving holiday, be safe during your black Friday shopping and WAR EAGLE!

Marcy

No comments:

Post a Comment