Wednesday, January 7, 2015

NKOTB on the Goldbergs!!!!!

So I had planned to blog tonight, like seriously pour out my heart and have this epic, deep, post that would make everyone think, maybe even call their mom, but yeah it’s 9pm and it just isn’t happening. I got all caught up in the Goldbergs and their New Kids On The Block flashback episode called DannyDonnieJoeJonJordan which the 12 year old in me LOVED!!!!!! I was Erica Goldberg, I wasn’t a superfan, I was a MEGAfan!!!!!! BTW if you aren't watching The Goldbergs on ABC but grew up in, around, or near the 80s you should be. They have had some pretty epic nostalgia episodes, like the Goonies, the video game knock out, the presidents physical fitness challenge and every toy known to man. Catch it on Wed. on ABC!!! It's well worth it and it will make you laugh.


Anyone that reads this blog knows that I love music, music of all kinds, music in general is my life source. I get up in the morning humming a song, I go to sleep humming a different one. My MP3 player having a dead batter is WORSE to me than my cell phone being dead. True.Story.

This love started early in my life and crested when the NKOTB hit the air. It wasn’t just that there were these 5 guys who at any other moment in life wouldn’t be in the same room but it was also that they sang and danced their way into my heart.

So while watching the Goldbergs tonight I was compelled to rush up to my room, open my closet door, go into the old toy box and retrieve my “WIZ personal Locker” and pull out my NKOTB stash. My stash included baseball cards, wall banners, fiction books, scrapbooks, comic books, buttons, fan clubs newsletters, and of course my FAN CLUB CARD!!!! I was sad to realize that my NKOTB Barbie dolls were not in the locker, but am confident they are in my attic. They better fucking be in my attic! Also not pictured are my epic VHS tapes of their concerts which my friends and I watched over and over and recreated in our upstairs recroom.


So instead of the epic post I thought I’d share relics of my past…… enjoy!
My mom and I before my first concert ever ... she is the best mom EVER! circa 1991ish
FULL disclosure my NKOTB library (which I bought on Itunes the second they showed up on Itunes) is ALWAYS on my MP3 player, and I rock out to Hanging Tough about 20 times a week. I have every record they’ve ever released and I love every single track, well that’s a lie, there are some tracks I just skip but for the most part I take a moment in my daytime life and send a mental high five to that 12 year old girl and tell her hey …. We are a okay! :D

Have a fantastic week people!

Marcy (@beaslma)

No comments:

Post a Comment