Saturday, August 15, 2015

It’s DRAGON CON TIME … almost

Cue the Swedish rock band, Europe's 1986 bitchin anthem, The Final Countdown because DragonCon is almost here! To the young ass kid reading this … you tube Final Countdown by Europe then go to your room, you are grounded for not knowing it before, your parents should be ashamed!

*synthesizer rocks out*
 Dunna dun nun, duna dun dun dun  
 
It's DRAGON CON TIME !!! (I picture you reader... reading that in the same what you'd say it's Adventure Time!) Well at least time to get my butt in gear so I can be ready for DragonCon!
 
 It's less than three weeks away and I have, let's see, if I add up that, with this, carry the two, multiply that by …. Oh no wait that’s right it's FUCKING ZERO! Not a damn thing done! This wouldn’t be a problem except for IT’S LESS THAN THREE WEEKS AWAY!!!!!!!
I have had to focus on my medical treatments so intensely for the past 2 months that DragonCon has just snuck up on my ass! So I am very… very… very far behind! So far behind I'm looking at DragonCon from light years away.

BUT.... I have not yet conceded to give up, like some lame ass people *Marcy* whom I won’t call out on this blog because I’m classy and she *Marcy* knows who the hell I’m talking about. No way! I have 19 days to whoop my ass into con greatness!
 
That's 19 days to brainstorm and execute some rad cosplay that someone will want to take a picture with.
 
 
19 days to arrange a sitter for LuLu, my crack addicted puppy who thinks that she is grown up enough to stay by herself! But I really don't think that she is responsible enough. Did you read her post after last year’s DragonCon, she definitely can’t stay alone for an extended time frame … yet.
 
 
19 days to plan out which events to schedule. 19 days to get my house amazingly clean because can't nobody go on vacation and come home to a dirty ass house. 19 days to get packed. 19 DAYS! OMG!!!! DRAGONCON IS IN LESS THAN THREE WEEKS PEOPLE!!!!!
Breathe Golden …. It’s ok

So I guess it all starts TODAY. Today I shall attack the day with fervor! Today I shall jump up first thing in the noonish and work on some cosplay. Today is the first day of the rest of my life!

...well that's a bit fucking dramatic. Maybe let me bring the focus back down a bit. Today is the beginning of the DragonCon Final Countdown and the beginning of Golden being super hyper drive busy ! (which is always a good time for the outsider looking in) But it will all be worth it come September!

I hope to keep you all informed along the way so keep an eye out for new blog posts. You can also follow along on Twitter, where I will be posting updates leading up to DragonCon, some flashbacks from last years DragonCon (which is really where this Blog hit its stride afterall) and the insanity expected for this year's event. My crew has their memberships, the hotel is booked, now it’s up to us to get our asses in gear so this is a fun vacation, looking at you MARCY! 
 
If you have any suggestions, ideas or con helpfuls just hit me up and share the wealth!

Now let’s get busy … after this marathon of Doctor Who of course.


 -golden (@theonlygolden)

No comments:

Post a Comment