Monday, September 15, 2014

Halloween is near....

This is NOT the post you are looking for ….

So earlier today I started a piece of fiction. Yeah that’s right I’m writing again. I’m still pretty medicated and after reading it again decided it wasn’t ready to post. It’s far too long, and way more ramble like than I’d like for it to be as it goes onto the interwebs for anyone to find. So I’m going to keep working on it and will share it with you all one day, just not today, maybe not tomorrow and frankly maybe never. However if it’s not this piece it will be another, that’s the thing about writing as you write it you either get a good vibe from what you wrote or you delete the file and pretend it never existed. That’s the great thing about writing. IF I don’t tell anyone I’m doing it then no one is disappointed when I don’t produce. Mental note to self don’t tweet that you are writing cause then the pressure and expectation is on and writers block takes over.

Since Dragon Con I’ve been sick, not as bad as Golden but then I’m not a Medical Marvel. Between my cough medicine, the 4 shots, and the 3 antibiotics I’m on it’s amazing I can even string a sentence together. I’m felt more human this weekend than I have in the last two weeks. I had to get up this Saturday and run some important errands which wore me out by the end of the day. This sickness is getting old. Like Golden as of Sunday I was still looking at suitcases with un-worn clothes still in them, I just haven’t had the energy or time with a crazy work schedule to get them unpacked. I did do laundry this weekend and changed the sheets on my bed so that’s a win for me.


As I said I also ran some errands … and what did I discover as I ventured back out into the world … HALLOWEEN had sprung. Ok sure most of it was CANDY but still I like candy. Walmart had some costumes out, ironically some of the adult sizes. Nothing was on the floor yet, everything in a neat and tidy place cause little hands hadn’t found the isle yet. I also discovered the Spirit store is set up and has started loading all their Halloween goodness into the stores. That’s a small parking lot, it’s going to be a nightmare and I can’t wait for it. I haven’t ventured to Party City yet, the mecca of all things costume but yes I can feel that trip coming and coming soon.


What I’m most excited about is that TV Networks are starting to post their October plans. I’m looking at you ABC Family, AMC, and Syfy. I LOVE IT! This is the earliest they’ve revealed this information. Usually this time of year they are focused on their season premier week and promoting their “new shows” hoping they will be the next big thing. Truthfully with no How I Met Your Mother premier who cares what’s coming on. However last night …. FOOD NETWORK HAD A COMMERICAL FOR HALLOWEEN WARS!!!!! It returns October 5th !!! It's by far my most favorite thing on earth. It’s a pumpkin carver, a sugar artist, and a cake decorator who will work together to make a cohesive design for the given theme of the week. IT’s by far the best reality competition show on TV seriously … watch it…fall in love with it. It doesn’t hurt that Justin Willman is the host of the show, he’s awesome and fantastic. BTW he has a new show coming up on Comedy Central Sleight of Mouth but don't worry i'll tell you all about that when he does. It too will be must see TV!

So why all this interest in October TV, cause I create a Halloween TV schedule. It’s funny cause it started out as something I did for Golden and myself, then I gave it to my Sister In Law for my nephews, and she gave it to a few people and then they gave it to a few people and now there’s an huge email list of people this thing goes to. People who I work with send me an e-mail asking about it, people I used to work with who send me e-mails reminding me to put them on the list. Heck Golden starts asking about it in August. Ha! It’s a mixture of Movies, Halloween themed TV shows, cartoons both classic and new and a little adult/kid mix. I also make one for Christmas but it’s gotten insane with Hallmark and Lifetime doing everything they can to extend the season well before Halloween.

So stay tuned cause this year I’ll be posting it here so that you can enjoy it, if interested. There are rules…as always but we’ll deal with those later!

Happy Monday! Have a fantastic week! - Marcy

No comments:

Post a Comment