Monday, September 1, 2014

DragonCon Coma

I write this sitting on Golden’s couch, shout out to Lulu who won’t walk through a half closed gate cause she’s a cracked out baby, with Golden sleeping off the Con through a showing of Sherlock Season 1. Since we are back in the world of Lulu that means we have officially left the Con behind. We packed up, dusted ourselves off, and got out of our Hotel before the maid service showed up cussing. Golden did leave them one little present …

 
Not gonna lie … kinda wish I could have seen their face for that one, then again they might have just rolled their eyes and said awwww hell and proceeded to strip the rest of the bed and clean the room to turn it around for the next guest.

Overall the weekend was a success, however the goals I set for myself a few post back just didn’t pan out. I had two really great opportunities to literally let my hair down and dance the night away and the best I could do was sway back and forth. At the Arthur Dent PJ party I even had a guy try to dance with me as I was walking around looking for my friends and I politely ran away like a scared little girl. Sigh… I guess I just didn’t want to waste his time. He looked like he was really enjoying the party and dancing with me seemed well beneath him. Like I wasn’t worthy of his skills. During the Yule Ball, which we crashed after Dumbledore had sent all the kiddos to their respective common rooms, the only one not in our crew to talk to me was a guy who wanted me to watch his bag while his cell phone charged in a nearby plug. Bottom line .... techno music, and dancing just aren't my thing and my expectations are much larger than my bravery.
 
That being said DragonCon was not a total loss. I got to high five Darkwing Duck, saw Oscar the Grouch, hung out with three really fantastic ladies, got to see Maribel's face when she saw Optimus Prime, and got my picture made with Bender and that was all in a single day.
 
 
There’s talk of going back next year, I’m still worn out from this year, I don’t even want to think about next year right now. However it’s my understanding that to get good rooms for 2015 we needed to have book them last year or even better in 2010. If we return, when we return, we'd like to be in one of the host hotels. We think the noise and people will make up for the travel back and forth to and from the Con, which honestly was made easier by use of Uber. Seriously NPH is right, with the exception of one driver, it's a fantastic car service for the "everyman."

We also think it will help us in making more of the lovely DragonCon panels and best of all when everyone else is wanting to continue to walk around and I was completely spent I could have said guys I’m out and took to the room to crash. As it was I waited for the group, sitting on the floor or in a chair I found and thus have spent the last two days in a semi-permanent state of exhaustion. This does not bode well for traveling by car 4+ hours. This is why I’m spending the night with Golden instead of heading south. Well that and the fact that I miss the hell out of this woman when I’m not with her and I wanted to delay that a bit. I'm not done laughing with her, and most important I'm not ready for my vacation to be over, I'm not ready to get back to the real world, sigh .... I guess I need a vacay for my vacay.

So DragonCon it was real and yes it’s very likely we’ll see you again next year so well played DragonCon we are now hooked – which I guess was your goal so at least one of us can say we accomplished something this week. Expectations met and Mischief Managed.

No comments:

Post a Comment