Monday, November 17, 2014

Thankfulness Challenge - Day 17

Yesterday I talked of my love of TV and how it’s used to unwind, relax, veg out and chill after a long day at work. I mentioned that Music was my other love. Where TV is my go to at the end of the day, music usually gets me through the day. When I’m having a bad day at work I can put my headphones on and mellow out while accomplishing the items I need to in order for the next day to be better. When I’m having a good productive day at work there’s peppy music for that too. When the guy down the hall is arguing with his wife, or there is a lot of foot traffic on my hallway I have music for that too. So I'm thankful for the creative people who use their talents to entertain me and keep me sane!

Some of my favorite go to artists (new and old) include, because frankly there’s too many to name all of them:

§  Bryan White @bryan_white My ALL-TIME favorite artist ever…. I mean literally if I could only listen to one artist for the rest of my life it would be this guy. It’s crazy to me to think that he’s been entertaining me since 1994 and every CD is better than the last. Not to tell you my age or anything but I bought Bryan’s first album on tape for my first ever car. http://www.bryanwhite.com/

§  Markus Fox @Markus_Fox is a new country music artist who is currently pushing his way up the charts with songs from his debut EP Thinkin’ Out Loud. His award winning song I’m Still Coming Home makes me tear up every time he sings it and his other single 22 Miles From Hell gives me chills. He’s going to be tearing up the charts very soon jump in the Fox Hole now! http://www.markusfox.com/

§  Eric Erdman @EricErdmanMusic I’ll admit I met Eric through Markus (well Markus’ mom) and was blown away, the way this man strings together concepts and thoughts makes me laugh, smile and think. The fact that he’s a complete sweetheart and adorable didn’t hurt. http://www.ericerdmanmusic.com/

§  Haley & Michaels @haleynmichaels As a How I Met Your Mother fan when I hear I’m Gonna Be (500 Miles) I sit up and pay attention and the cover Haley and Michaels do of it is fantastic. The way they blend their voices together and put their own spin on it. They owned this song and give it new life. They also have a new  EP well worth the money. Just Another Love Song their other single is great. http://haleyandmichaels.richardsandsouthern.com/haley-and-michaels-ep.html

§  Nathan Woodward @nathanwoodward a Jazz recording artist who plays a mean saxophone. That’s the one instrument I’ve always wanted to learn to play. It fascinates me and always elevates a song when included on the track. I’m so glad he tweeted me about his album allowing me to find his music. I have used it several times during a stressful situation to relax and mellow out. http://www.nathanwoodward.com/

§  Maddie and Tae @MaddieandTae I was listening to the radio one day on my way to a Markus Fox show and heard the new song Girl in a Country Song and it made me giggle. When I got home I immediately looked them up and followed them on Twitter. They recently released their debut EP and I can’t stop listening to it. These ladies are really talented. They co-wrote each track on the EP and Sierra and Fly are amazing. They run through my head constantly. I work up this morning singing Fly. It’s a beautiful song. If I had a negative thing to say about Maddie and Tae it’s that their EP was too short it definitely left me wanting more. http://www.maddieandtae.com/

As you can tell music makes me happy but even more important that that I love discovering new artist and connecting with them especially early in their career. It’s fantastic watching a really talented person go from an unknown to being on radio, all over you tube and seeing their hard work pay off on the charts. It’s also pretty fantastic seeing an artist who rises back up after being knocked down by the music industry. So whether you buy digital music, CDs, records, or just listen to the radio take a minute to listen to an artist you haven’t heard before … you might be surprised by the artist you come to meet.

While the list above contains a lot of country artist …that’s just the kick I’m on at the moment. I go through spurts of genres and then I’ll get sick of it and move to another genre and eventually make my way back. I LOVE Random on an MP3 player or several CDs flipping back and forth cause I do get bored when I listen to the same thing all day long. Don’t worry there will be many more posts of artist I think you all need to know and I’d love to hear about artist you like that I could discover.

--Marcy

No comments:

Post a Comment