Thursday, December 11, 2014

Crimmus gave me a panic attack!!!!!

So … I had a slight panic attack today. Not one of those where you have to put your head between your knees, or that someone calls an ambulance for you but one of those where it all hits you at once and you realize there isn’t a damn thing you can do about it but your blood pressure builds and your heart starts beating super fast. What caused this panic attack you may be asking yourself dear reader it was a coworker announcing to the room that Christmas is 2 weeks away. Literally. Two weeks from today we’ll all be sitting around with new stuff and full of holiday “spirits” of various kinds and … um…. I’M NOT ANYWHERE NEAR FINISHED WITH MY SHOPPING LIST!!!!! Hell this year I didn't even have time to make a freaking list!

Golden isn’t a concern, I won’t even see her it appears until sometime in May if not later which makes for a Sad Marcy! I’ve picked up a few things (one I’m thinking about sending to her early but don’t tell her !) but I have time for her. My oldest nephew wants Money … which I understand where he’s coming from he says he’ll just go “buy what he wants.” He’s a picky teenager who likes name brand items. I refuse to pay more for a pair of headphones based on the name that I do for my car once a month. That’s just beyond insane. My youngest nephew hasn’t been any easier, and I’m with these kids all the time. What do you do when you aren’t around them for months or years at a time? Like his other aunts … what the hell are they getting them? My mom for once was the easiest on my list. I haven’t taken care of dad yet but he’s a few gift cards away from being done.

My oldest nephew seems to be at that point where he’s finally getting that things are expensive and feels “bad” asking for things. I keep telling him that Christmas is that time of the year where you ask for the things you WANT not the things you necessarily need. Plus they are forgetting that fact that just cause they ask for it does not mean that they will get it. That's a concept they still are trying to grasp. :D

See the thing is … and this isn’t really a problem… but everyone in my world is at the point in their lives when if they want something they just … go get it. It’s a good problem to have really but yeah frustrating as hell as well. There’s also that annoying moment where someone says “hey what do you want for Christmas” and your brain fails you and worlds do as well. You could have seen something two seconds before that you were like I’d love that and someone says that question to you and it’s gone forever.

So why the stress you may ask other than of course the 2 week deadline. Friday we are having our department lunch for Christmas, then our firm Christmas party  Friday night. So I can’t go then. On Saturday we are going to have Christmas with my dad’s family, so no shopping there; then Sunday unless I bail on church there will be very little chance for shopping then as well. Then all next week I have work, which is shaping up to cause another panic attack before the end of the year, but that’s another post. Basically I'm screwed. I'm going to be that asshat at the gas station going heck yeah people need this plastic snow globe with BP in it. I could say I should have started earlier and while that’s true I just can’t Christmas shop before Halloween and then I think Christmas is super far away and don’t really do it. Then thanksgiving comes and goes and it’s like O.M.G. Christmas is almost here.

Like I don’t own a calendar … ok my calendar is still on September so that’s not quite as helpful as you’d think it would be. I don’t know why I do this every year but this year has been truly brutal. I HATE shopping … but more than that I HATE wrapping up the crap I’ve shopped for. I always end up using like 4 times the amount of paper that I need. It ends up looking like a crazy mess and my mom gets upset cause I don’t use bows. I think they are a waste of time but she insists so I put one on her packages.

So I guess the point of this is that I need the universe to slow it’s roll, I need it to crawl off of Golden’s back and I need to get a time machine and use it to go back in time and kick past me in the ass for putting me in this predicament …. But then again that’s future Marcy’s problem …. So I’m going to go grab a bag of chips and chill before I have to get up and do it all again tomorrow.

-marcy
 
PS if this post seems a little manic it's pretty much in line with how I'm feeling at the moment so just run with it okay! I don't need the added stress of knowing that I stressed you out. Everything is spinning super fast and just needs to slow the fuck down!

No comments:

Post a Comment