Wednesday, December 10, 2014

Must See Holiday Movie List

If you follow this blog regularly then I'm sure you have seen Marcy's crimmus tv calendar. If you haven't, then make sure you check it out. (If you don't I will tell Santa to put you on the asshole list!). She has some excellent choices on there.

I guess it seems silly to some to have a holiday program calendar but it's fun! It also reminds me of a dark and scary time. Back when I was a young golden. Back when YouTube wasn't invented yet and Netflix was a fad that my parents weren't buying into. Back then you had to make sure that you caught your favorite holiday programs on tv....L-I-V-E!

Fucking scary I know!

Many a hard decision would be made when two of your favs came on at once. The best case scenario, you could record one program on the tv in your bedroom and then beg your brother to let you watch the other program live on the tv in the living room. Ahhhhhh!

I know this sounds like a horror story but it's ok. Breathe. We have evolved. Here in the future we don't yet have teleporting, time machines or flying cars, but we do have the means of watching tv/movies at anytime! So yay for that. So this holiday season while you're dvr-ing everything in sight give thanks to the tech gods for such a privilege. I will be using my tech privileges to try and catch some of my favorite movies that have become a crimmus tradition.

If you have time and are looking for a movie idea, check out my list of "must see" movies for the holidays. Since Marcy’s awesome and fantastic she’s added when the particular program can be seen on tv, click the link … if it’s on :D

§  Nutcracker: The Motion Picture (1986). This is one of my favorite crimmus movies! It's beautiful and fantastical.  --- sadly no airings posted at this time
§  Gremlins, because it is totally bitching! --- sadly no airings posted at this time
§  National Lampoons Christmas Vacation. I continue to watch this every year even though I can quote it and laugh at the jokes before they play out. --- ABC Family is showing this 10 times between now and Christmas :D
§  White Christmas, because Bing Crosby and Rosemary Clooney, plus Danny Kaye's dancing, plus the costumes, plus the sets, plus the EVERYTHING! --- AMC is showing it 7 times between now and Christmas
§  Babes In Toyland (1934) With Laurel and Hardy is my favorite version. It's crazy to think that this movie is 80 years old! --- Halmark Movie Channel is showing the 1961 version on Christmas Day
§  Home Alone. It's a have to see each year. --- TBS and ABC Family are showing this several times
§  Muppets Christmas Carol, because what holiday can be listed as truly great if there are no Muppets! --- ABC Family is showing this 7 times between now and Christmas
§  Love Actually. I have found that people love this movie or hate it. I'm not a romance movie girl, but I do like this movie. --- sadly no airings posted at this time
§  Black Christmas (1974) is a great crimmus horror movie. The remake wasn't as good as the original but it's easier to find. --- sadly no airings posted at this time
§  It's a wonderful life. This movie always makes me cry. It is a true classic. --- This aired last Saturday on NBC and will air one more time on Christmas Eve; also on USA (?!) on the 14th?
§  Scrooged. Bill Murray makes everything better. --- ABC Family is showing this 4 times between now and Christmas
§  Eyes wide shut. What do you get the person who has it all, maybe a free pass to a cult group orgy. Merry Crimmus to all! --- HBO and HBOSGe (whatever that is) is showing this several times
§  A Christmas story. If you don't watch it at least once then you deserve to poke your eye out! --- You simply have to watch it at least once during TBS 24-hours of a Christmas Story on Christmas Day; TCM is also showing it a few times
§  Elf. Buddy's crimmus spirit is infectious! --- ABC Family is showing this 8 times between now and Christmas
§  Ernest Saves Christmas. I don't know what we would do without Ernest! --- sadly no airings posted at this time

Most of these programs have become part of mine or my family's holiday tradition. I'm sure you know and watch the majority of these, but maybe you will find something new to add to your traditions. 

-golden (@theonlygolden)

No comments:

Post a Comment