Saturday, December 6, 2014

Top 10 geekfessions


"Cleanse your soul.
Confess your sins."

Well that's a bit fucking dramatic. I received a paper in my mailbox with that statement written on it. I'm hoping it's some kind of clever cheap ass marketing campaign from a local church in time for crimmus. However, my tendencies towards paranoia lead me to believe I shall soon be tortured and killed by a madman who is offering me one chance at redemption.

Cleanse my soul? Maybe....
Confess my sins? Sure, why not.

Well lets see. It's been exactly....forever since my last confession. Good lord, there's no way of knowing how many times I've cursed, I've never killed a man.... So, puntos extra para que! I may have wished some negi juju on people, but they totally had it coming. I haven't built any idols of gold. Or even silver for that matter.

Um, yeah this is boring.

How about my geeky/fandom confessions. Now that I think about it, this seems a bit harder to admit out loud. I don't quite know what that says about me but whatever. Lets do this!  

§   I really hated Avatar. Like really really hated it. I thought that movie totally sucked ass. Speaking of movies I hate, go ahead and throw Titanic and Forrest Gump on that list.

§   I have never seen an episode of Supernatural.

§   I can play a RISK tournament for days. Easily.

§   I love the show Psych. I loved it since the night I saw the pilot episode on tv. I have seen every episode so many times there is no possible way of counting how many times...almost. I never watched the last three episodes of the series. I've had them on my dvr for months but I have no interest in seeing the series end. So I haven't watched it end. I successfully avoided most spoilers, so although I can guess, I don't know how it ends.

§   While on the subject. I didn't want Jules and Shawn together on Psych. I like her character very much. But I loved the relationship between Shawn and his best friend Gus more. And sometimes true friendship is more important than trying to couple people off into romantic relationships.

§   I don't get Steampunk.

§   I can watch old dubbed kung fu movies and/or Godzilla movies for the rest of my life and die happy.

§   I like Star Trek but have only ever watched The Next Generation and some of the original series episodes. Same with the Star Trek comics. I've only read from The Next Generation line.

§   I've never played Dungeons & Dragons, pokemon, or WOW.

§   I cringe to admit this out loud. And I never have, for fear of the backlash of fandom wrath that will fall upon me. But I guess should I bite it due to the mysterious mailbox killer, it shouldn't go with me to the grave... I don't like the Doctor Who companion Amy Pond. She severely bothers me for so many reasons.

Whew! Guess I got that off my shoulders. Please be gentle when you judge me. Just remember that we all have our glitches and only the mysterious Mailbox killer can judge us.

-golden (@theonlygolden)

No comments:

Post a Comment