Friday, August 22, 2014

As seen on ... #ScarySocial

Every Saturday night I turn up on Twitter to host some of my followers in a weekly event called #ScarySocial. It includes my followers as well as anyone else with an internet connection and a fan of ChillerTV. I have met lots of awesome people that are loving referred to as #ScarySocialites. Some weeks it's huge, others it's not depending on what else is going on in real life and on the interwebs. Some people come and go, but there is one thing that’s always consistent; Terrible, horrible, no good, very bad, As Seen On TV commercials/products. These commercials are great for a laugh or two and since #ScarySocial is a drinking event we #ScarySocialites take shots for these laughable products (to anyone of drinking age--our SayWhatMG lawyers made me write that ... it's your life do what you want just don't blame us the next morning!) .
 It used to be that these As Seen On TV products could only be purchased off of the annoyingly long infomercials, but we live in amazing times! These amazing As Seen On TV products are now available on the shelves of local establishments of class (I'm looking at you Wal-Mart). I see them and often wonder if they work. I imagine they don't and that I would be foolish to buy them. But what if they are just as magical as they say and I'm foolish for passing them by?
 

Well Marcy purchased for me one of the most popular As Seen On TV products; The Chillow. The infomercial shows it being easy to use and that should you not use it, your head will catch fire. I’m a big fan of my head not catching fire and thus appreciated her thoughtfulness. I was tired of sleeping with a fire extinguisher it’s not nearly as cuddly as my dog Lulu, whom you met the other day. Needless to say, I was super excited to own my very own Chillow!

I pulled it out and found a full book of instructions in many languages. I did a really good job of half ass reading the instructions all the way to step 3 and then lost interest. It tells you to fill with water and then let it settle. Then you gently roll your Chillow towards the opening on order to release the excess air allowing the water to disperse through the entire Chillow. I never have been good at rolling, but I still don't know how I managed to make the damn thing explode. It shot water all over my kitchen and almost drowned me in the process, geeze thanks Marcy (who by the way was there and laughing her ass off instead of handing me a towel but whatever ... it's cool she'll get hers!). Sure ok it might be that I should have read ALL the instructions and that may have had something to do with why the Chillow didn't work properly but I like to think it’s more that it just sucked as a product. The good thing is that when I didn't use it, my head didn't catch fire and I guess at the end of the day that's all that matters plus the lawsuit I intend to discuss with our lawyers for false advertisement. 

Follow me on twitter and join the conversation - @theonlygolden you don't have to watch the movies to join the conversation, sometimes even it's more fun if you don't and just respond to what others are saying. NOTE: Don't watch #ScarySocial alone and don't tweet if you are sensitive, it's not always PG...then again most of us are grown ass adults who don't worry about that stuff.


Catch #ScarySocial fever Saturday nights at 9pm eastern on ChillerTV channel (if you are lucky enough to have it) and tweet along! Tell them #SayWhatMG sent ya!

No comments:

Post a Comment