Tuesday, August 5, 2014

Heeere's Marcy !

So I forced Golden to write her “Obligatory Greeting” and thought about forcing her to write mine too but decided that wasn’t fair and to be honest she would have said “Oh Hell no!” then there would have been drama and I’m trying to keep this blog semi-drama free, since my work life is soo not. That’s not to say drama won’t make an appearance but hopefully it won’t become the main star of the show. I’m thinking more guest star during sweeps month. Besides it’s too damn early for drama, aint no one got time for that!

So here I am…typing my greeting. Let’s see…what do you need to know….what do you want to know? Why the hell are you guys here … I mean really don’t you have something better to do? Like poke yourselves in the eye with a pencil?! PS I don’t suggest you do that it will hurt and if you do I totally told you not to. …that’s for the future lawyers that we will definitely need at some point. Stay tuned … you’ll understand.


So the point of all of this…. I used to be a writer. That’s to say I used to have ideas that sometimes I’d put on paper, or type up in a word document. I used to have these ideas that would consume me and I’d spend days thinking about them, revising them, working on them, finishing them and going wow that’s good. I’d forget everything else around me. Then I just stopped. IT seemed to be kinda dumb to spend that much time on it just to close the word document and move on. No one was reading them, I wasn’t getting a grade for them, and I wasn’t even sharing them. Then I got to the point where I was pretty sure I lost any kind of talent I pretended to have, and any creativity that I once possessed also bought a ticket out of town. Golden disagrees. She says I just need to get back into the habit, get back to work so to speak. Usually I can buy her off by talking about a TV show but this time around not so much.

The second she suggested we do this I knew her back story. She wanted me to write again. She had started painting again (She’s an Art Major and super creative—Maybe we can talk her into showing us some of what she’s working on) and it was relaxing and a great way to end her day after a stressful work shift. My outlet at the moment is sitting in my chair pretending to be one of my favorite super heroes chasing bad guys using my x-box controller. It’s a stress release until Captain America or Ironman refuses to do what I tell him, or I can’t find that last Minikit even though I know it’s around I just can’t find it, and Stan Lee is yelling Help but I can’t get to him . . . . So ok … I’ve made my point…it’s not as stress reliving as I’d like for it to be though it is a fantastic game, I could and have played for hours!  
 
 
So I’m turning this blog into my playground. I’ll use it as a place to share random thoughts, maybe some original pieces I’m working on, maybe nothing at all, and honestly we’ll see where this goes. If I make promises and then I don’t keep them I’ll feel like I’ve let everyone down and thus I’ll shut down and stop this train before it even leaves the station. Trust me I’ve done it before. So I’ll let Golden be all sneaky and think this was her idea for her to be all creative and try something new when in all honestly I know it’s all about her getting me to write again and for that I thank her and am forever in her debt.  

If you aren't already follow me on twitter @beaslma and use the Hashtag #SayWhatMG when you say hi!
 
Stick around ... we are just getting started.

No comments:

Post a Comment