Monday, August 11, 2014

I'm gonna need a bigger suitcase...

How in God’s name do you pack for any and every potential outcome?! I am trying very hard to prepare for an upcoming trip over Labor Day weekend to Atlanta for the sci-fi/fantasy convention known as DragonCon. I know it's just in Atlanta, I'm not having to travel to the ends of the world, but I have never traveled to a Sci-Fi convention before. What if I get there and realize that I have forgotten the most important thing ever in all of human history?! What if it comes down to me being able to produce the most mundane of items to an invading species in order to save mankind?! What if I forget my cell phone charger?!


We will be there Thursday-Monday. I have to pack normally for those days, like any other normal person would. Then I also have to pack con gear, outfits, costumes, extra makeup, funky footwear, wigs, wigs and more wigs! Plus since I also carry the special title of 'Medical Marvel' I must pack routine meds, prn meds, ointments, creams, heating pads, ice packs and injections. Then on top of that it's the 21st birthday of one of my crew. So I have to pack ALL the alcohols and party gear. Add the fact that I plan on doing a Geek drop so I need those prizes (More on this later) to be in the car as well. It's enough to make anybody cry out like Charlie Brown!


So yes even though it's not until the end of the month I am already trying to pack. Marcy can attest to my insane need to plan, organize and list, but I'm finding that those just are not possibilities when you go to a con. If you have figured out how, please contact me with any helpful tips. Because even though Atlanta is just a few hours and a single time zone away, It may as well be on another planet for all that I am packing. But maybe that is part of magic of a Con, letting it all go and just enjoying the experience.

Also if you are going to DragonCon hit us up and say hi, it may be our first time but we plan to do it big!   @theonlygolden   @beaslma

No comments:

Post a Comment