Monday, August 25, 2014

Music Saves My Soul....

So in case you are new to this this blog, or just not paying attention (and I totally get that) we are going on a trip. By we, I mean Golden and I are going to Dragon Con, not we meaning me and you reader, sorry you'll have to make your own travel plans. HUGS! :D I will be on vacation in just a few days. I’ve packed my bags, I’ve got my electronic devices charging as I type, stuff at work is handled… kinda …. So I’m ready to get in the car and go.

Well wait…. I have one thing left to do. I have to figure out what music to put on my Flashdrive for to listen to in the car. I have this dilemma a lot. Do I go with the music I love which will make for a quick drive or go with the music I’ve not listened to much, say new albums that I haven’t taken the time to really listen to, which may result in a long trip, cause I might not "dig" them as much as I had hoped. 

It’s like that question if you are going to a desert island which books would you take. Would you take the books you always wanted to read or the ones that you could read over and over and never get tired of it? However the real question to this question is why the hell are you going to a desert island for the rest of your life and why is your literature the biggest issue of your day? You are going to a desert island maybe take a book out and put some water or food in that bag, or a knife to catch food with, what I’m saying is you should reevaluate your priorities.

Back to my issue, cause let’s face it … it’s about me … and well Golden, but right now it’s about me and my needs. Golden has already told me she’s getting the music set for the trip to Atlanta. That said I’m going to have about 8 hours in a car where I need to entertain myself.


I have a NINJA flash drive, thanks to Golden, so it can protect my important documents and nothing is more important to me than music. Music can transport you to another time and place even if only in your mind. A song you heard during a critical moment can come on and you are immediately back in that moment. A song can make you smile, or make you cry, or make you angry all in the same verse. A song entertains, it tells a story, it teaches you something, or its just white noise so you can focus. Whatever music does for you it does something completely different for someone else. That’s what I love about music. No two people will hear the same song and feel it the same way.

This is why it’s going to be hard for me to pick just a few artist or songs to dictate this trip. I have too many choices, too many artist, albums, songs. It’s kind of ridiculous if you think about it, I’d have so much more money if there weren’t so many talented people on this planet, then again I’d also punch people in the face more often so yeah guys get in those studios make your craft and share it with the world. Plus I have XM Radio so if the thumb drives sucks... I can always fall back on that.

I love to be introduced to new music so hit me up…. @beaslma

PS I can’t create a music post on this day without telling the world that MARKUS FOX is  now an AWARD winning artist!!!!!!! This Country artist in on the rise especially after his Nashville Independent Music Award for Song Of The Year for I’m Still Coming Home!
 
 
Check it out here cause I’m just that proud of this man! No matter what makes it to my NINJA Flashdrive you better believe that Thinkin’ Out Loud will be on there.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment