Friday, August 29, 2014

Pre-Con Madness

Hello all! Me and my crew are officially at DragonCon in Atlanta. The con doesn't actually begin until Friday but you wouldn't know that. Most people are not only checking in on Thursday but checking out the location. A lot of the programs are offering newbie educational tracks, meet & greet tracks, and parties. Lots of partying to be had by all.

We were able to get our badges/ memberships pretty easily. It took longer to walk the "cattle chute" line set up than it did to get it. We pre-ordered so it was a simple set up of following the blue line into the Sheraton, we only had a 5-10 min wait.

Checking into our hotel taught me that yes, we did bring all the things. All. The. Fucking. Things.


  

We checked out some locations, met anybody that was willing to talk and thought I was briefly going to die when Bane kept trying to grab my arm. There are WAY more people here already in full cosplay and/or party mode than I thought there would be for it to be pre-con. But we wouldn't have it any other way.

We celebrated, danced, laughed and were merry. I made it to the hotel in time to see Defiance replay. Everybody is trying to get a few hours of sleep before the beginning of the Con madness but I am still up. Not unusual. I will say even though I am having a blast, I am very much missing my crackbaby LuLu. I tried to call here earlier to check on her but she had a few friends over to play poker, as Canine-Americans do and she said she couldn't talk. Hopefully she is ok but I doubt she is missing me.

Tomorrow DragonCon officially kicks off, Friday, in Atlanta. Hope to see some of you out and about!

No comments:

Post a Comment