Wednesday, August 6, 2014

May your week be better than ours...

So I’ll be honest… I have nothing for you tonight. It’s been a long week and it’s only Wed. This is what I was talking about, the highlight of my week has been seeing Michelangelo starring back at me on my bandaid. No joke. Highlight.Of.My.Week.

Seriously how adorable is this?
Golden’s week isn’t going much better. However one of my goals for this blog was to sit down and write something for the week so here I am. I am going to make this goal even if it succeeds in killing me. Ha!

It’s been one of those weeks where just getting out of bed has been difficult. Not for any real reason other than it has been a long a$$ week, by far one of my favorite Queen Latifah song’s by the way. If you don’t know it, look it up. I have blasted it many times on my way home or at the office. My other go to song during a long day at work is You Haven't Done Nothing by Stevie Wonder. That's another good one for the work playlist (more on music to come in a future blog).

 My youngest nephew just called. He attended his first day at police camp today or something like that. He told me about all he’s learning, they told him about drugs, they told him about jail, Tasers, people to trust, people to avoid, what to do if something bad was happening. He also got to ride a horse and see a life flight helicopter. As he’s telling me all this I start thinking wow yeah… my week has sucked but it could have been so much worse. That’s not to diminish what I was going through or what was happening but it did put it into perspective that today a 10 year old was strapped to a chair so that they would know what happens when a “bad person” doesn’t listen. I saw a post by a friend online that his kid had to go to school bus safety training where they talked to them about how to act on the bus. What to do if someone gets on the bus that shouldn’t be there, if there is a fight etc. Damn times have changed when I went to school the biggest thing my mom told me was if she didn’t pick me up from school where to go and who to call.

 So this is a post to tell you we will make our goal of a post a day for the first week. Then after that the goal will be at least a few times a week but the journey will be taken and I hope you guys are coming for the ride. Take a minute out of your day, or night, or afternoon (depending on when you are reading this) to send a message to someone who might need a little pick me up or just to say hi to someone you haven’t said hi to lately. Let’s spread a little love around the world and maybe everyone’s tomorrow will be better!

No comments:

Post a Comment