Wednesday, August 27, 2014

It Begins.....

So today is my last day of work before my weeklong vacation starts! It's probably the closest thing to senior-itis I experience as a grown ass adult. I just have to get through today. While I'm working, Marcy is en route to my house. It's supposed to take like 6 hours for her to get here but she makes it in 4, OK FINE 4.5 incase her parents stumble onto this blog. Safety first. We will wake Thursday and head to Atlanta for the amazing DragonCon.

I'm packed, well as packed as I'm gonna be. I will either be adequately dressed or running around Atlanta sans pants, only time will tell. The suitcase is closed and zipped so there is no going back. I have my themed outfits ready. I say "themed outfits" because I have seen cosplay that would blow your mind! This ain't it. I am in awe of the artists that produce such elaborate pieces. Essentially I just want to play dress-up and that's what I intend to do.


I will be dressing as the TARDIS because I'm a lover of Doctor Who. I will be dressing as sleepy kitty for the Arthur Dent Pajama Party. I will be hitting up the zombie prom. I will be Princess Darth Vader, just because I live on the dark side doesn't mean I can't feel pretty! And I will be dressing as a rainbow unicorn because I'm fucking magical!

So right now I am in pre-vaca limbo. A constant state of still needing to get tasks accomplished, but really really just not giving a fuck if those tasks do get accomplished. It's horrible I know. I will get it all done, I always do. But if my coworkers know what's good for them, they will stay out of my way. Come quitting time I'm out this bitch, blink and you will miss me!
 
 
DragonCon here WE come! Friendly reminder to all joining us at DragonCon Golden is doing a Geek Drop !!! Details here http://saywhatmg.blogspot.com/2014/08/dragoncon-geek-drop.html 

No comments:

Post a Comment