Thursday, August 21, 2014

VACAY Pet Stay and the associated guilt

I am preparing to go on a vacation next week and everything is coming along swimmingly. It's all falling into place. No worries. Well ok, one worry. One big hyper crack baby worry. I have to make arrangements for LuLu.

Tallulah-Toulouse, named for Tallulah Bankhead & Toulouse Lautrec
LuLu is my fur baby. Her full name is Tallulah-Toulouse, named for Tallulah Bankhead & Toulouse Lautrec. She is young, happy and very hyper, not to mention that she has a fabulous backstory, but that’s another post. When I say she is hyper, I mean that she is tweaked out on speed, hyper. But I love her. Just as she is.

I feel horrible leaving her. Like I'm a terrible mom. Sometimes I think it's easier to go on a trip without your kids than it is without your fur babies. Now before all you loving parents of non-furry two legged creatures get all crazy on me. I'm not trying to start shit. Yes I know you are the real heroes, blah blah blah. But when you leave, you can explain to your snotty crying children where you're going, for how long, what to do in case of an emergency, etc. When I sit down with LuLu to explain what's happening and when I will be back, it's like she has a hard time focusing (did I mention that she has cocaine problem).

I don't want to kennel her away from home, I'm afraid it will be traumatic (although it would help with detox). My mom can't have inside pets because her allergies and LuLu is a fan of air conditioning. I don't know anybody willing to house sit for a Canine-American that gets a weekly delivery from her cocaine dealer Pablo Escobark. So I am having family coming in shifts. But damn my family is nosy as hell! They will spend more time going through my things than watching her! And being a drug addled girl in her terrible twos, she needs watching. It really is the only thing stopping me from leaving right now. What's a mom to do? Plus, the worse part of all of this, is that she pawned the cell phone I bought her for more drug money, so I don't know what I'm going to do when I need to talk to her. Sometimes we raise them the best we can, but they still go their own way.

No comments:

Post a Comment