Saturday, November 1, 2014

Thankfulness Challenge - Day 1

As stated yesterday Golden and I are going to attempt a post a day during Thanksgiving, as we lead up to Thanksgiving. The goal… 27 days where we take a moment to focus on what we are thankful for. . . . here’s day 1.

Today I’m thankful for Golden. Well that’s not true I’m thankful for her every day, but it seemed weird to start this “exercise” off without mentioning her. This blog wouldn’t be a blog without Golden. It’s her brain child. She is the one who thought it up, she’s the one who pushed us to do it and she’s also the one who periodically forgets it exists, but I can’t say much cause sometimes I do too. I have been super impressed by how she has written her posts. She holds nothing back and is very good at bringing a point home, she says she’s not a writer, I call BS on that cause what I’ve read she definitely is.

I’m so glad that the fates led on us a similar path so that we’d cross, we’d meet, and we’d become friends. Golden is honestly the nicest, hardest working, sarcastic, funny, smartest, and generous person I know. She loves doing things for other people. When we went to DragonCon she got each person in our crew a bag of fun things with specific items picked out for them. The amount of effort and care she put into it was very thoughtful and not at all cheap. Need I also remind you of her random acts of kindness during DragonCon with her Geek Drops?!

Golden and I met in college, we were “bathroom buddies” formerly known as Suitemates. Thank goodness for the powers that be in the Auburn Housing Department for being smart enough to put us together but also smart enough to not make us roommates. Ha! I’ll never forget those late nights watching movies/tv in her dorm room (then her apartment, and lastly her trailer); going to movies; eating Chinese food; walking around books a million or Hastings praying she wouldn’t sit in the floor; and cherish each and every memory since. I have seen and done things I wouldn't have done without her, such as going to Vegas. Our trips are trips I cherish and miss we simply have to get back to doing those more. There's nothing like a "road trip" with your best friend laughing and joking and fighting and just having a blast!

If you follow this blog you know the last say 10 or so years health wise hasn’t been easy on Golden, it’s made me appreciate her more. I’m in awe of everything she deals with and the fact that she keeps moving forward despite everything about it telling her to just give up. She could have taken the easy road, gone on disability, use her illness as an excuse but she doesn’t she is LITERALLY the strongest person I know. I am blessed to call her my friend.

So on Day 1 I’m thankful for Golden, for being a great person, and even better friend and most importantly being my friend.

 Luv ya lady!

--Marcy

No comments:

Post a Comment