Sunday, November 16, 2014

Thankfulness Challenge - Day 16

So Golden’s last few posts have been about what helps her unwind, relax, just veg out as her brain settles down before getting back to the reality of the real world outside of her front door. Where she relies on movies and books, I go to my TV and music. I LOVE books I don’t read nearly as much as I wish I could, tho if I’m really into a book nothing else comes in front of it. I like movies too but often a movie is something that I fall asleep during. Ask Golden, Kill Bill is like a valium for me, every single time about 15 minutes in I am hit by a bout of Narcolepsy. EVERY.DAMN.TIME!!! Nope for me my go to escape is television. My TV watching is as varied as my music listening. I love watching dramas, comedy, the lovely dramedy, cooking shows, etc. anything that I find fascinating or creative makes me happy.

While my love of music is not a surprise to you loyal reader it's my I love of TV that I'm focused on for the moment. I love falling into a story arc or being blown away by the visuals on my screen and now with Twitter I love connecting to the people on my TV. One of my favorite shows at the moment is The Goldbergs, which a friend of mine was all you have to watch this so I did and I laughed. So I came back the next week and laughed even more, now it’s my favorite show of the week. Adam Goldberg the creator of the show loves to tweet with fans either before or after the show, and often during it. The cast of Agents of Shield are also big "live tweet" fans. 

I am not however a fan of the “Live Tweet” during a show. I loved How I Met Your Mother, from day one to the last episode (yes I LOVED THE FINALE!!!!) but I think if the Live Tweet had been a thing I wouldn’t have enjoyed it as much. Granted I tweeted with a few of the writers/creators/actors throughout the years about an episode but usually AFTER it aired. If I’m looking at my phone or my Surface then I’m not “watching the show” or enjoying the show I’m watching and tweeting in the hopes someone will see it and think I’m cleaver and smart. Plus talking about major events during a show can ruin it for other people, granted that's more their issue than mine but yeah no one needs to be a dick cause they are in a different time zone.

I’d much rather sit back, maybe with a bowl of popcorn and enjoy the show for what it is. That’s not to say I won’t jump on Twitter during a commercial or after a pretty funny moment and throw something out there then jump back into my show right after.

My current TV must list by day includes these shows:

§  Sunday – Black Dog Salvage – must see TV on DIY – these guys are crazy creative and awesome.

§  Monday – Castle on ABC … NOTHING …. Not a single thing on this earth comes before Castle. NOTHING.

§  Tuesday – Marvel’s Agents of Shield on ABC – by far my all time favorite show!  

§  Wednesday – The Goldbergs on ABC – seriously check out this show it’s awesome and brings back some fantastic memories. On the other side of that spectrum my other new “go to” show is Red Band Society, I’m obsessed with those kids.  

§  Thursday – Rehab Addict on both DIY and HGTV – Nicole is ah-mazing she’s hard working, funny, and super talented. She’s also a really active twitter user, tho I know sometimes she wishes people wouldn’t tweet her as much negativity. She’s a very positive person and likes to display that to the world.

§  Friday – I usually flip around and see what I can find. On some days I’ll get a marathon of How It’s Made or Salvage Dawgs and just veg out with those.

§  Saturday – This is usually reserved for football or some other type of sport.

On nights where there is nothing on I rely on my TIVO which is filled with old episodes of Night Court, Designing Women, various food network shows, that are mostly used for background noise while I type away on my Surface. I am thankful for the creative people who are smart enough to sell a show to a network, and for that network to be smart enough to put those shows on the air for my enjoyment.

Maybe this is why I create my TV calendars for Halloween and Christmas cause there’s so much going on I don’t want to miss any of it. With a calendar by chair I can check it and make sure that all those nights that I have nothing to watch or my shows are on “break” I can fill that void with some awesome holiday goodness to get me into the holiday spirit. I’ve started the Christmas calendar … I hope to post it on Dec. 1st that way everyone can make the most of it during the holiday. Keep up with the blog cause this is where it will be posted and you’ll not want to miss it.

What does your TV relaxation list include?  

--Marcy

No comments:

Post a Comment