Wednesday, November 12, 2014

Thankfulness Challenge - Day 12

I’m thankful tonight for the internet, it’s the place I go to in order to relax, find out information, it helps me find new musicians to follow resulting in more music for me, and games, oh there are so many games available for free to play. However the thing I love about the internet the most is my ability to use it to secure free food.

Back in college it was the greatest weapon to get a free Chinese Buffett usually at the expense of Golden but also others. If I was sick of that I’d go for pizza or chick-fil-a. I wasn’t always right but was more right that wrong.

The bets usually centered around a celebrity and their status of breathing or not so much, or if some celebrity was in this movie or not and the internet always had the answers. Life before the internet had to be a sad one, lucky for me I don’t really remember those dark and scary days. I envy the kids of today who get to carry the internet in their pocket. In my day we had to wait to look something up, remember that it needed to be looked up, and wait for that horrible dial-up sound to make it happen.

OK I admit I’m not quite that old, yes I had to deal with dial up but also knew the sweet sweet awesomeness of high speed internet. So for Day 12 I’m thankful for the endless wonder that is the internet. For someone who loved to thumb through the encyclopedia and end up jumping from volume A to G and then to K and back to C before ending at W makes the internet fascinating to me. Granted there are some negative areas of the internet but because of the way it's set up I just avoid those areas of the internet. The worst part is when it’s 11:30 at night and I can’t sleep cause I’m still on my phone or thinking about an article I recently read …. Small price to pay tho …. I guess.
 
Plus where else but the internet can you find Jem pimping out a Honda and telling GI Joe to bug off ...
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment