Monday, November 24, 2014

Thankfulness Challenge - Day 24

There are so many things that I am thankful for. If I had to sit down and devote an entire blog post to some it might seem petty or stupid because most of the things I'm thankful for are tiny things that you come across everyday without thinking. But sometimes little things can do a lot! So instead of hundreds of blog posts on these little nuggets of happy, I decided to take the logical approach. So i crammed them horribly into a song format. So, please to enjoy....

'Golden's Favorite Things of Thanks'
(May god have mercy on my soul)
 
Old books, Godzilla and pink puppy bellies,
Hot biscuits filled with butter and jellies,
Giant drag queens that sound like Cher when they sing,
I'd like to give thanks for my favorite things.
 
A crisp diet coke first thing upon waking,
The smell of my favorite foods when they're baking,
Laughter and silliness and saying the word "fuck",
I'm giving thanks for my favorite things that don't suck.
 
Movies and tv and snarking online,
Giving to others making me feel so kind,
The sound of alarms when you win big on slot machines,
These are my thanks for my favorite things!
 
When the pain starts
When the boss bitches
When I'm uber sad
I drink and then think
Of some favorite things
And then I start to feel less bad.
 
Time travel, new hair and having exact change,
Fresh cut grass, creating and learning new things,
Weirdness, artwork and Captain Crunch Christmas Crunch
These are the things I give thanks for so much!
 
Ketchup, space cats, strange friends and family,
Cartoons, wearing no pants and relaxing lazily
Listening to rain as I sleep and feeling happy,
I'm thankful for the strange things that make me, me
 
When I'm dog tired
When I'm totes pissed
When I stump my toe
I just think of my favorite things
And I'm so totally thankful that I'm not a ho!
 
-golden (@theonlygolden)

No comments:

Post a Comment