Thursday, November 13, 2014

Thankfulness Challenge - Day 13

Today, I’m not going to lie, has been rough. Yesterday after lunch it was decided my firm would submit on a project that was DUE on Friday. This Friday. Tomrorow. So doing the math that gives me a day…day and a half to get it done. I spent most of yesterday afternoon getting the team started or at least figuring out who my team would include. We knew about one sub but needed another and the manager involved was literally MIA. He has this thing he does where he sits on a project for a week or so then says let’s submit then like Keyser Soze is gone. You can e-mail and you can call but he’s just like the wind and gone which is frustrating as hell. The guy is a super nice fella and I have no doubt he’s busy and not just ignoring me cause he can but damn it’s annoying that I can’t get my work done cause I can’t get him to make a damn decision.

I got to work today before 6:30am, and left at 6:30 tonight. I did leave for about 30 minutes to grab some lunch but because this guy couldn’t make a decision I felt like I was behind all day long. I know in my head it’s not me, and I didn’t drop the ball, but I also know it’s not going to get done if I don’t keep pushing it. I deeply resent almost having to be a bitch to get answers for a project. That said I knocked out everything but the resumes today. Which is pretty damn impressive if I do say so myself. Keep in mind that working on this one has taken away from the one that I was suppose to be working on for next week. Sigh...

So today I’m thankful that my coworkers were smart enough to see that both my headphones were in my ears, that I was super focused on the task at hand and they left me alone. This has been a pretty stressful week, from a dear friend having a double mastectomy on Tuesday, to the stress of this submittal, Friday can’t get here fast enough.

On a side note if anyone sees Golden give her a Diet Coke and a pat on the head cause she has the black plague and I miss her so tell her to get better soon!!!  --Marcy

No comments:

Post a Comment