Sunday, November 2, 2014

Thankfulness Challenge - Day 2

I must be a horrible person to live with; just absolutely dreadful. I keep weird hours. I sleep more in shifts than actually go to bed, like a “normal person.”

I have weird tendencies. Like the need to break out into song and dance whenever I feel like it. I'm not talking, "oh hey I'm listening to music and I'm gonna sing along and maybe groove to the beat" type thing cause it is my jam. No…I’m talking, for no damn reason, I’ll be sitting in bed reading, then suddenly screaming/singing Broadway tunes or the latest in rap. With no warning or even an explanation as to why I feel that 3:30am deserves the loudest white girl rendition of DJ Assault's classic "Ass and Titties".

I also have books in every room in an order that only makes sense to me. This is actually a great trait but I kind of freak out when people touch my books. Seriously no touchy!

I often leave a trail of diet coke and water bottles throughout the house. I take up too much closet space and will take as many showers a day as I want. There are days that I go Godzilla and chase LuLu around the house rawr-ing and knocking shit over. My fridge usually has more painting supplies and medical injections in it than actual food. There are days I want to do everything! But then days I don't want to even talk to a soul. I totally hog the tv remote and I can't stand cleaning up messes that are not my own. I'm sure there are thousands of other things that I am oblivious to but that would equally drive a person to the brink of madness. All of these are excellent reasons as to why I need to live alone.

That's why I'm thankful in the infinite wisdom of the universe, to have never made Marcy and I roommates. Had the past turned out as such, there surely wouldn't be a current friendship or any future adventures. I am quite certain that had we been roommates, she would have done the world a great service and had me locked away, or she’d be locked away from freaking out and doing what needed to be done, using my head on the front door as a knocker. The universe (and University by proxy) knew enough to put us in each other's path but also knew enough not put me so close that she ran away from the madness that is my lifestyle. So this drink is for you, Universe! Thanks for knowing that I suck so hard that a lifelong best friend could not be made by sharing a room, but instead by sharing a bathroom. 

-golden (@theonlygolden)

Ps-I also talk in my sleep. 

(Per Marcy --- it’s true she does and she also remembers NOTHING about a conversation if you wake her up with a phone call. Do not tell her anything important if you wake her up it’s a waste of time for both of you)

No comments:

Post a Comment