Wednesday, November 26, 2014

Thankfulness Challenge - Day 26

Tonight more than any other night of the year I’m thankful for traditions. The ones that begin on a spur of the moment, as well as those that last lifetimes. Some of my favorite traditions include rolling Toomer’s corner after a win, waking up early on Christmas Day to see what Santa’s brought, not packing for a trip until the night before (a tradition I’d like to break actually), but my all-time favorite tradition is helping my mom make her Crock Pot Dressing on the eve of a holiday. Oh how Thankful I am that my mom learned this recipe, perfected it, and is teaching it to me for me to make for years to come!

This dressing is DELICIOUS ! I can’t even form the words to describe how fantastic this dressing is. It’s basically a pan of cornbread, some butter, a box of chicken stock, a can each of cream of celery soup and cream of chicken soup, then add salt and pepper to taste. Mix it all up in a HUGE bowl, then drop it in a crock pot the night before the holiday. Then the hard part …. Waiting. When you go to bed you turn the crock pot on low and let it go all night long. Your patience is rewarded however when you wake up the next morning to a house that smells fantastic and the best breakfast you have ever eaten. Before you “taste test” the batch, cause who wants to give it to people if it doesn’t taste good right, turn the crock pot on high and let it run for a few hours before you serve dinner.

If you like your dressing more runny keep the cover on until serving time, if you like it a little dryer take the top off 30 minutes or so before you eat. Here’s the true recipe from my mom’s recipe box, her name is Wilma hence the recipe card.


Happy Turkey Day unless you are a vegetarian then just Happy Day!

-Marcy
 
PS don't tell Golden but mom says next time I come up there to see her mom's gonna make her some dressing for me to take to her cause it's soooooo yummy and Golden misses is.  :D (my test to see if she reads my posts)

No comments:

Post a Comment