Tuesday, November 26, 2019

Thankfulness Challenge – 2019 Christmas TV/Movie Calendar

I present to you as your present the 2019 Christmas TV Schedule! See the bottom of this post. Once again, the calendar is set up in 11X17 format but if you have to print it 8.5x11 it is readable – hopefully you have glasses - but if you can print it 11X17 your eyes will thank you. I have also found that saving the PDF to your favorite portable device is the best way to keep the calendar handy and as an added bonus you can zoom in and out to read that ever so small type. The jpeg breaks up the more you zoom so if you can the PDF is the way to go. 

So, they’ve done it …………. They’ve broken me. Hallmark and Hallmark Movie and Mysteries has been showing movies nonstop since June. I’m done. So, for the calendar the only Hallmark Movies that show up are A. The classic ones I want to see again and B. New movies/specials that, again, I want to see. After all as I’ve said on other occasions this is about me and I just share the wealth. You are welcome! 

Most of this calendar this year will focus on network specials, AMC, TCM, Freeform, and Lifetime. Hallmark has taken over this calendar for the last year …… so yeah if you can’t find anything on my list flip over to Hallmark or Hallmark Movies and Mysteries (why they insist on having two non-stop Christmas channels is beyond me – just rename them Christmas 24-7 and be done with it) and see what they have going on. Spoiler alert the dude who the girl hates at the beginning of the movie … will get the girl by the time the credits roll, at some point there will be a huge misunderstanding that a 5 minute conversation could solve and there will be snow, even when the movie is set in a state that traditionally does not partake in snow... Just saying. 

  • Freeform started their Christmas holiday in November with a “Kick off to Christmas” before they had 25 days of Christmas (starting Dec. 1), but since they gave so much love to the Claymation of my childhood, I’m going to let it slide. I’m very excited to see what their lineup has to offer this year tho it concerns me a little their recent connection with The Simpsons. I love it but am also concerned. 
  • TCM hits the holiday fun on Dec 1st with classics like It Happened on 5th Avenue, Remember the Night, The Greatest Story Ever Told, A Christmas Carol, those movies and shows that made the Christmas special magical. If you are wanting nostalgia Christmas this is the channel to check out. This is especially true should you have an older loved on in your house. These are the shows Grandma or Grandpa with Alzheimer’s remembers. Let them relive her childhood a few times too.
  • AMC started their holiday on November 25th which runs through Christmas Day featuring over 60 films and specials airing all day every day in what they are calling the “Best Christmas Ever!” However as with Halloween they are not releasing said Schedule cause they don’t care about me or my calendar and that’s just fine …. I mean ……. It’s rude but … fine. I found some of them but I’m sure not all of them. 
  • Lifetime is like Hallmark in which they are turning into a 24-7 holiday, they did at least limit it to starting October 25th and they don’t take over the calendar they get to stay another year, but I’m watching you Lifetime. Get it together man! Also keep in mind if you are looking for G rated Lifetime is not the place for you, I’m not saying you’ll get NC-17 mind you but if the kids are watching too then you might want to  head on over to Hallmark instead if you are concerned. Better yet go to TCM or Freeform and show them something fun. 
  • Food Network is back in the game with all kind of Holiday themed competition shows. Frankly however all the Halloween ones made me mad so I’m not showing them on my calendar. That’s their punishment. Take note Lifetime. They typically air Sunday, Monday and Wednesday nights so yeah find them….. Holiday Wars, Gingerbread Showdown, Kids Baking Championship, etc., There is one exception, a Hanukkah Challenge that will air on the 21st at 8, which frankly made me smile. Nice to see them giving some love to the other side of this holiday for once. It’s not all Santas, Snowmen, and Mangers (oh my!) after all people! 
For those that do digital Might I suggest Season 2 of Magic for Humans from Justin Willman, which will appear on Dec 4. Keeping with the spirit of the calendar there is a holiday themed episode there you will want to watch. Also there’s a Christmas movie Holiday Rush which started playing Nov. 28th, I’m sure it’s still around check it out. If you are a Million Little Things fan Rome stars in that movie and if you are a MLT fan I don’t have to tell you how wonderful he is. My boss swears by A Very Murray Christmas which came out in 2015. So if it is still out there (I don’t understand how Digital stuff works) then check that out.

So… here’s what Netflix has in store for you …cause I love you and I want you all to be happy too …

https://www.refinery29.com/en-us/2019/10/8574620/netflix-christmas-movies-tv-shows-2019

I post this today cause tomorrow on ABC you can find A Charlie Brown Thanksgiving and well dear readers you know how I feel about that lovely Charles Shultz movie but you might find it interesting so here you go.

Marcy
@beaslma





No comments:

Post a Comment