Thursday, November 7, 2019

Thankfulness Challenge – Being a Celebrity

So when I started this challenge I downloaded several “blog post ideas” for those days when I was just spent and out of ideas ……. I never thought I’d have to use it this early in the game but one of the ideas was “What did you do to become a famous celebrity.” So I decided to start with this one but I’m going to put my own little spin on it. I wouldn’t be a celebrity if you paid me in Wild Cherry Pepsi. The amount of crap they have to put up with on a daily basis has to suck. I know it …. I get it they asked for what they have and they shouldn’t complain and all that crap but all that aside all they really did was be really fantastic as one thing and it can sometimes become a nightmare.

Think about it ….. This is a person who grew up enjoying singing or being out going and so acting is the area they were pushed into being on a stage and they loved every second of, well most of them did anyway. Then they got noticed and someone said hey that thing you love we can pay you to do it. That’s the dream. Having a job that you love and supporting your family at the same time. So of course yes let’s do that. But it’s never enough. You do a fantastic say 3 shows a month so let’s make it 10. Then ten becomes 30 shows in two months, and so on until that person is no longer having fun but now people are counting on them to keep going. Sometimes they find that spark that keeps the love alive other times they just go through the motions. Then at some point they have become so “big” they can’t even go see the thing that they loved such as going to a movie, or a concert or even the grocery store. Not to mention that no matter what they do it isn’t right. They go to a circus and get flooded with people telling them how horrible a circus is for animals.

My point is being a celebrity sucks. Yes it pays well, and they get to do what they love for a living but what I’m saying is it can’t be an easy life. To feel like you are always in a fishbowl has to be hard and sometimes depressing.

So there you go that’s my take on it, whatever I do to be a celebrity I hope it’s a fleeting 5 minutes of fame and I can go back to my life, with a little money in my pocket and a new car. 

Marcy

@beaslma

No comments:

Post a Comment