Wednesday, November 6, 2019

Thankfulness Challenge – Cooking


I suck at cooking. Don’t get me wrong I have a few things that I can cook and cook really well but for the most part I’m a disaster in the kitchen. I don’t know if it’s a lack of planning, a lack of focus, or if I just get bored half way through and half ass it but nine time out of ten I burn it, or under cook it, or both. Have you ever made a pot pie that’s burnt on the outside and raw on the inside …. Yeah I have.

I tried to make grits the other day. INSTANT GRITS. Cause it was my mom’s birthday and it was flooding outside and she likes breakfast for supper. So I tried to make grits, eggs, toast, and bacon. I burnt the bacon to the point where our house still smells awful and that was a week ago. So I found some sausage in the fridge and so tried to put that in a pan cause we had to have a meat. The grits never came together they were gummy and had far too much butter. The only thing that was really edible was the eggs and the toast. For once I didn’t burn the toast but by the time we sat down to eat it was stone cold.

My point is it’s amazing how “large” I am considering I can’t cook. The truth is I don’t eat a lot but what I do eat isn’t always “good for me.” It’s not uncommon for me to not finish my lunch, or dinner or whatever.  I eat a lot of fried food, and a ton of carbs . . . daily. You’d think that I would be concerned about it, but honestly, I often don’t think about my weight until I see a mirror or have someone point it out to me. I don’t feel large but obviously I am.

I have a doctor’s appointment tomorrow and if I know him there were will be a discussion about my weight, my blood pressure and other medical stuff I don’t understand when all I really need for him to do is refill my blood pressure medicine. On the way back to the office I’ll likely stop at Chick-Fil-A get some sweet tea and nuggets like we never had the conversation about my weight. The sad thing is I know that already yet I’m still likely going to do it. I may even stop at the new CVS nearby and get some chips and snacks for my desk cause the last few stressful days I devoured everything at my desk . . . . so yeah time to replenish the stash.

So today I’m thankful for my mom who can cook and kind of sad that because of it I’ve not learned to cook myself, oh well that’s what UberEats is for right?!

Have a great week guys!

Marcy  
@beaslma

No comments:

Post a Comment