Saturday, November 16, 2019

Thankfulness Challenge - Birthdays

Today my oldest nephew turned 20. For 20 years I have watched him grow to the young man he is today. He's a super smart kid, who is stupid tall and has the temper of my father, something his father and I also inherited. 

He was not an easy child and often we were sure his dad would end up in prison and McNeil would end up in the ground before the child turned 10. He wasn't so much a bad kid just didnt know when to shut his mouth ha! Even when we were standing behind him telling him to. 

He is currently a Sophmore at Auburn with a big decision on his shoulders about his future. I have no doubt in my mind that whatever direction he decides to go he is gonna make an impact. See he also inherited my dads work ethic, something I was also cursed with, which is going to drive him to make this world better. 

We need more kids like McNeil and i hope those kids are out there just in the background quietly making their way into the real world. It's been a blessing watching him grow up, and I'm very proud to be his aunt. So today and everyday I am thankful to the young man who made me an Aunt. 

Happy Birthday McNeil! I love you! 

Marcy

No comments:

Post a Comment