Wednesday, November 27, 2019

Thankfulness Challenge – Thanksgiving Talking Points

So tomorrow is Turkey Day! This means people will get getting together with friends, or family or both to enjoy a meal, watch some football, play some football, and well…talk about football.  We are going to my brother’s house, his wife and two sons will be there as well as his wife’s mother. Then add myself, my mom, and my dad and that makes for a very full house without the college admission scandal (too soon?!). 

So I thought I’d give some “safe talking points” for today’s post. Feel free to modify these for your particular area or situation. I’m thinking your friends and family might not care as much about say… my nephew’s grades … for instance. 
  • Wow this food is delicious, who brought the Ham? It’s fantastic! 
  • Hey {fill in blank} how’s the new job going?  -- this assumes that there will be someone at your table with a new job. 
  • How awesome is A Million Little Things!? 
  • Anyone want to go outside and throw the football around? 
  • Did everyone get my Christmas TV Calendar? I e-mailed it Tuesday night. 
  • How happy are you guys when Say What MG posts?! It’s awesome right?! 
  • Please pass the dressing? No .. no I mean dressing it’s not stuffing, you know what never mind I’ll get it!
  • Anyone want to go outside and play basketball? 
  • Name your favorite Christmas song. 
  • What is everyone Thankful for this year let’s go around the table. {fill in blank} you start! – granted this one is like last ditch effort but it’s always a good one to keep in the back pocket. 
  • So, boys …. How’s school going?  -- I have nephews … you may need to change this to “So ladies…. How’s school going? – This one can also be a time bomb waiting to go off so be careful and read the room correctly. 
  • What does everyone want for Christmas? 
  • How about those Auburn Tigers!? Football…Basketball….Volleyball…. doesn’t really matter the sport. 
  • Name your favorite Christmas movie (you know research for next year’s calendar – which might not be your intent)
Most important ……. Remember this one …….. 
  • Thank you so much {fill-in-blank} for hosting all of us this year
Anyway, no matter what you do enjoy the moment, take care of yourself, talk a walk outside when you need to and remember you get great food and maybe a slice of pie, at least that’s my hope for you.

Thanks for reading, 
Marcy

No comments:

Post a Comment