Friday, November 22, 2019

Thankfulness Challenge – Christmas Movies

Tonight I happened to be flipping around looking for something to watch and saw that ET was coming on at 7. On a whim I said we should watch ET! Now we are all in my living room watching ET and what I really want to do is change the channel. My father came down to join me and my mom and the first words out of his mouth was “don’t yall have this on DVD why are we watching it on TV” and of course mom got all defensive cause now she thinks he’s here but doesn’t want to be. He also likes to watch TV in total darkness which my mom hates. So one light is on and it’s driving him nuts.

ET was one of the first movies I ever remember seeing. It was definitely the fist VHS I ever owned. My grandmother went to the store one year and got all the grandkids their very own copy for Christmas. I still have that VHS. She was so very proud to be able to give us those. I think it was the most she had ever spent on Christmas. I guess that’s why I always feel like this is a Christmas movie even though it’s totally not. I can’t remember the last time I watched this movie but the ending never fails to make me cry.

This weekend’s plan is to finish my Christmas calendar. I found a few things that I was missing and I think I found some of the AMC line up even though they didn’t want to share. Ingrates. I’d like to send it out prior to Thanksgiving next week. One of the guys that recently left our firm came by just last week to make sure I had his new e-mail address. It always cracks me up when they do that. He said he realized towards the middle of October that he didn’t get my Halloween calendar and he was going to make sure he got the Christmas one.

The office next door to ours in our building plays non-stop Christmas movies from 8-4 (when their receptionist is in the office). I love walking by to see what’s on. I have a tendency this time of year to go to the bathroom more. My boss jokes that he’s going to find me in the hallway one day sitting in the floor, laptop in my lap, one eye on the TV the other on my screen. He’ not wrong. I think it’s great that they do that. She watches far too much Hallmark for my taste but it’s her TV I’ll let her do her thing. Today she watched Christmas Vacation and A Christmas Story my two favorites. Yesterday she watched It’s a Wonderful life. Our Thanksgiving lunch was a success and now I feel like I can actually listen to Christmas music without making myself want to vomit. Damn I love this time of year. However all this means is that I’m wwwwaaaayyyyy behind on my Christmas shopping. That’s future Marcy’s problem.

We’ll I’m going to watch the movie, have a great weekend, stay safe out there!

Marcy

No comments:

Post a Comment