Monday, November 25, 2019

Thankfulness Challenge – What Grinds My Gears

So yeah … I’m stealing this idea from Family Guy but I think I’m ok I doubt they will find this blog. If they do …. Seth McFarland feel free to reach out to Golden. She’s my representation and she will take care of any concerns you might have. Also please forgive me. I did at least give you guys credit, that’s good enough right!? Huh!? I mean please! :D

So I’m climbing on my soapbox for a few minutes to gripe and complain about some things that I won’t be able to talk about at Thanksgiving lunch in a few days.

News - Twitter is not a news source …. For the record neither is Facebook, and don’t get me started on Instagram  -  I used to love watching the news, reading the news paper, getting several different versions of the same story and researching further to get the “true story.” Nothing makes my blood boil more than hearing the words, “As he posted on twitter” or “she unfollowed him on Instagram” I know we are all addicted to social media but it’s not a news source. It isn’t to replace PR and it’s certainly not the freaking gospel. 

Politics - not politicians but the idea of politics. I used to live for presidential debates. The commentary before, the "spin room" after, the speeches, the issues oh how I miss them actually discussing an issue. However politics has become the place I flee from now. I can't stand the my side vs your side mentality. My father is a very smart man and yet is convinced everything wrong with this world can be traced back to Democrats. He stubbed his toe the other day and I said Damn Democrats and he just looked at me then smiled. I like to think he got my joke but he probably thought I was coming over to his side. See I'm not a Republican but on paper I am. Being in a red state most of the important races fall on the Republican side. So if I'm gonna vote in a local election that matters to me I gotta go to that side. The crazy thing is I often straddle the fence, seeing the argument on both sides being pretty equal in a discussion. I dread family holidays cause at some point the discussion leads to politics and you know what I do then. I go into the kitchen and refill the tea pitcher. Let them have their talk I just dont have to sit there and listen to it cause goodness knows no one wants to hear the other sides view anyway. 

Working the holidays – I’m soooooo sick of hearing people complain that places are opening early on Thanksgiving to get a jump on Black Friday and saying that companies don’t care about their employees or won’t let their employees spend the holiday with their family. First off. . . . when you got that job you knew that place was open on the holidays. Second off . . . if you don’t want to work the holidays then don’t take a job where you will have to work the holidays. My partner in crime, Golden, has to work holidays and yeah it sucks but that’s the job she has and she just does what she has to do. No body gives a damn when she works from noon to 2 am ? But God forbid she have to work on the 4th Thursday of the 11th month. My brother has recently taken a job that is going to require him to work some of the holiday, not all of it mind you. Family members are acting like it’s insane he’s going to have to work …. I’m like wait what?! It’s not like they decided to open the holiday just to ruin his holiday ….. I mean they area always open the holiday the only difference this year is that we are aware of it.

Black Friday is Stupid – I think Black Friday is stupid, however I get that there are people out there that treat it like it’s their actual holiday and love it. That’s fine. You do you but don’t look at me like I’ve got a freaking lobster on my head cause I’m planning to spend my Friday off sleeping in and well enjoying my day off. I had a coworker today ask me if I’ve “made my plan” I was like for what? She said for the big day. I was like “oh we are going to my brother’s for lunch” she said “no idiot, Friday I could care less about Thursday, we have already had dressing” I was so taken a back by that. I told her I don’t do Black Friday. There is little they could give me that could make me want to get out there in all that madness.

Dogs suck – well not all dogs, I love dogs. I had one of the best dogs ever, Golden has had some pretty awesome dogs as well. However the neighbor’s dog makes me want to ask Santa to bring me a bazooka to take him out. In all honestly it’s not really his fault, I’m sure he’s a lovely dog. However the people that he belongs to that I should take out. See this dog starts barking around 6:30 at night and continues to bark until he literally passes out from exhaustion. Once he was yelping not just barking so I drug myself out of bed to look out the window. He had wrapped himself around the tree he was tied up to. That particular night I felt bad for him until about hour 3 of this but they never once came out to check on him, much less try to free him from his tree. It also doesn’t help that they have two dogs. However the dogs are chained up close to one another but not close enough to interact or keep one another company. Truth be told I feel for these dogs. If you don’t want a dog don’t get it. 


That’s all for now … I’m sure I’ll think of more but for now this is what grinds my gears!
Marcy

No comments:

Post a Comment