Thursday, November 14, 2019

Thankfulness Challenge – DJ Nash

Tonight is another short post. It’s 7:30 my time and at 8 A Million Little Things will be on my TV on ABC. I can’t express how much I truly love this show. You know how some shows have an ensemble cast but like often the ensemble seems to just be there sometimes or completely non existent in some episodes ? Yeah A Million Little Things is not at all like that. Everyone brings something to the table in every single episode.

I will admit I started watching this show because of the amazing James Roday of Psych being cast as one of the lead characters. I have yet to watch anything connected with Mr. Roday that wasn’t great. So I was in from that moment. While Mr. Roday got me to the table the fantastic story telling by DJ Nash and his writers room have kept me there. Not to mention that amazing cast …. how they found this many talented people is beyond me. Incase you don’t know the show is about a group of friends who rally together to pick up the pieces after the glue of the group commits suicide. You’d think that would make for a super sad show but it’s actually a really lovely, heart warming, and funny show. Don’t get me wrong there are tears and challenges the group have to overcome but it’s a great representation of life in general.

The best part of the show is the online presence of it’s creator DJ Nash. He’s not one of those guys who created a thing and only tweets when he’s promoting the show. The conversations that he has with fans is almost as entertaining as the show itself. That’s actually the coolest part of this fanbase is the conversations that the show generates. Last year there was a lot of really productive conversations about suicide and cancer and this year the conversation’s that have resulted from the speculation of what’s happening on the show. Right before the start of Season #2 I saw a conversation where a lady had to miss the premier episode cause her daughter was hurt playing Volleyball. I too hurt my knee playing Volleyball in high School too so I reached out to her and have checked in on her daughter several times since. She’s recovering nicely incase you are wondering. My point is that this show has become way more than just a show. 

Today I am thankful for the brain that is DJ Nash and the creative team behind A Million Little Things ! 

Anyway it’s nearly 8 ….. I have a show to watch and you should be watching too!

Thanks,
Marcy  

No comments:

Post a Comment