Monday, November 4, 2019

Thankfulness Challenge – Guilty Pleasures

I spend a lot of my day in an organized chaos. At work I’m pulled in several different directions in a very short timeframe, then at home I’m helping to take care of my parents. It’s like a second job, they would both hate to hear me say that but that’s how I feel. So on those rare moments that I have the time to enjoy some Guilty Pleasures here’s what I go for …. 
  • Chips - Of the potato variety. I like flavored chips, like sour cream and onion or BBQ but I also like tortilia chips, corn chips, Doritos, cheese curls, cheese balls, really anything with a crunch. Anything that I can snack on while working, or while watching TV.
  • Games on my phone – I’ll admit these are definitely a guilty pleasure cause even on those times where I say I’m not paying for anything I usually end up buying something to get through a level that’s stupid hard. Sometimes I spend far too much on these games, but they are fun. Until they aren’t then I just download a new game and move on. I get real obsessed with the games then one day will forget that it exists then 6 months or a year later I’ll accidently click on it and I’m right back into my obsession.
  • Books – I love books, of all kinds. Children’s books, young adult books, adult books, comic books, autobiographies, fiction, mysteries. All of it. I used to want to be a writer. I guess in some ways that dream still exists but often I look around the shelves in my room and realize that I’ll likely never write something as good as those and instead of writing pick up a book and get lost in someone else’s imagination.  
  • Pepsi – ok let’s be real ….. WILD CHERRY PEPSI …. I take a sip of Wild Cherry Pepsi and I can immediately feel my blood pressure go down, the world shift back into focus, and I can take on anything ahead of me. It shocks me how people don’t embrace this drink. Don’t get me wrong Sweet tea, Coke and regular Pepsi do the trick in a pinch but if I’m standing in front of a cooler I’m going to reach for Wild Cherry Pepsi before I reach for anything else.
  • Sleep – Sleep is a definite guilty pleasure cause lately I’m not getting any of it. I am averaging about 3-4 hours a night and that’s a GOOD NIGHT. It is usually closer to 2 hours every other night if I’m being honest.
  • Movies – I love going to a movie theater. I love the popcorn, picking out seats, sitting in a room with a bunch of other people and having an experience together. I wish I did this more often. I really want to see the Mr. Rogers movie coming out this month, there’s another one with Chris Evans I saw advertised the other day that I’d also like to see. However I know me I won’t. Then they will be in the stores and I’ll buy the DVD and never watch it. So maybe movies are not my guilty pleasure. 
This is a short list and I’m sure there are more and I’m just not thinking about them at the moment. A guilty pleasure is something that makes you happy but it’s also something that doesn’t happen daily so you enjoy it when you can. Maybe I don’t fully understand guilty pleasures. Ha! 

Marcy

@beaslma

No comments:

Post a Comment