Tuesday, November 5, 2019

Thankfulness Challenge – Walt Disney

Today I am thankful for the creativity that was Walt Disney. 

As I type this I’m watching The Little Mermaid Live and I can’t help but wonder what Walt would have thought about it. I’m sure he would have thought, um…hello just show the movie … what’s the deal with all these humans. I also think he would have LOVED the creativity of seeing the way they have handled this.

The rumor is Walt is frozen and they are holding him somewhere waiting for a cure of the lung cancer that eventually took his life. Wikipedia says he was cremated, however of course Disney is going to say that cause if they confirm he’s frozen under Cinderella’s castle people would be trying to see him or get to him. I personally think if he were frozen they would never bring him back even if they knew there was a cure cause then they’d have to listen to him try to take over again and they can’t have that.

I’m pretty sure his first words would be something along the lines of “People pay how much to get into our parks now?” or “what in the world is that bear doing in the Magic Kingdom and why is he wielding a sword?!” (He’s seeing a Wookie for the first time after all). Walt was a visionary. He created this world and he believed in it even when others told him animation was a waste of his time and talents. He made the first full length animated film and it was successful.

He went down to Florida and bought up as much swamp land as he could to create the “happiest place on earth” and again people told him he was crazy for doing so. He had a successful park in California what in the world did he need with another?

He also gave us the first “live action” movie when he gave us Mary Poppins a perfect blend of live actors and animation and that was before computers!

Over the last few years I have gone to Disney twice, once with Golden and last year I got to go spend Halloween at Disney World with a friend and her family. The detail of everything down there amazed me. Nothing was over looked and nothing was too small from the “actors” playing the characters to the lamppost and even the “street” signs and the transportation to and from the park. It was a feast for the eyes as well as the ears and I loved every second of it.   

So today I’m thankful that Walter Elias Disney lived on this Earth and that we were lucky enough to enjoy the fruits of his labor, the genius of his brain. I’m going back to watching the movie. Queen Latifah will be on soon enough and I love her so much!

Marcy
@beaslma

No comments:

Post a Comment